Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoeger Auto Shotgun

Options
  • 01-05-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,
    Does anybody have any experience of the Stoeger semi-auto shotgun.
    I was up with the local gun dealer today looing to buy an auto and he produced one of these.Brand new E550,I thought it seemed a bit cheap for
    a new gun compared to other cheaper makes-Lanber,Yildiz etc.
    It's an American gun and uses the same action as benelli auto's.
    Any advise would be appreciated.

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

You're better of burning your money. The pain and frustration won't last as long. I had one of those and credit when it's due they point very nicely but they literally fall apart in your hands and are atrocious cycling cartridges. If you're looking for a semi buy a secondhand Browning, Beretta or Fabarm for a few quid more if you're on a limited budget and have a gun that lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Turkish afaik. Initially not impressed with my one, went back to the shop twice and sent off for repair within the first year.

Now it's shooting & ejecting no probs..... Save your dosh & get something better, would be my advice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DubShooter

Thanks for that Lads,
    I probably would have bought one if I had'nt found this forum.I could'nt find reviews on them anywhere.
    Think I'll go for somthing a bit better.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Why noy look at getting a mossberg semi auto?

You'll py the same money for one new and they work just fine, at least as good as any of the more expensive semi autos I've seen.

They're pretty basic looking and some people say they're an ugly gun. I think they look fine and more importantly they'll do the jobs you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

If you tell us what your going to use it for we could point you in a general direction of a good decent one, youll not go far wrong with.

Benelli
    Beretta
    Browning

Good second hand Berettas from around €500 are knocking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 DubShooter

If you tell us what your going to use it for we could point you in a general direction of a good decent one, youll not go far wrong with.

Benelli
    Beretta
    Browning

Good second hand Berettas from around €500 are knocking about

It's mainly going to be used for pigeons and a bit of wildfowling.
    I might have a look around for a Beretta or somthing similar.

Advertisement