Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seatbelts, do you wear them?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Hagar wrote: »
    Only in the car.

Not on a bus?

I always wear my belt. My b/f is really strict about that, before I met him I rarely put it on in the back seat, but I always ALWAYS do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Does anyone ever feel like they're missing a seat belt in the cinema? The seats remind me of car seats so I feel naked sometimes. Am I the only one?

I've often thought that too.

It's similar to when you walk up a stopped escalator. It just doesn't feel right and you can hardly move your legs. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Confab wrote: »
    I was in the back of a taxi the other day, four pax in the car (my parents and brother). My mum was in the middle, she's a touch on the wide side and couldn't be bothered putting her belt on (she always wears it when driving and usually as pax).

It was a tense ride home. We were very annoyed at her for not wearing it.

Inertial reels and pyro pretensioners ftw.

What did you just say?

OT: Always wear a seatbelt, pisses me off when people don't wear one, happens in six seater taxi's a bit. Thankfully my mates are copped on and always wear them.

If someone refused to put one on in my car, they can walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

who doesn't wear a seatbelt in this day and age?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

who doesn't wear a seatbelt in this day and age?

The same people who talk on their mobiles or eat while driving. You know, idiots.

The amount of people i saw over the bank holiday weekend trying to drive while eating an ice cream was shocking. Would it kill the to wait till they got home or pull over or whatever to stuff their faces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

blow69 wrote: »
    Anyone who doesn't wear a seatbelt deserves to be shot!

No need, they'll be taken care of soon enough
    ScumLord wrote: »
    It's instinct at this stage, keys in, belt on, start car.

Me too. Sometimes when I've stopped the car I'll take off my seat belt, then reach for some change or something and when I go for the door I automatically go to take the seat belt off again :D
    RATM wrote: »
    Its my choice to do as I do, if dont wanna wear a belt then thats my choice.....

Um, no it's not. It's the law. You can choose to break the law I suppose if you're willing to take the fines, penalty points and/or smashed skull
    Did I wear a safety belt after that? Emm no.

Diff world then.

Before momentum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Some muppet on the assembly line forgot to install the seatbelt on my bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Me too. Sometimes when I've stopped the car I'll take off my seat belt, then reach for some change or something and when I go for the door I automatically go to take the seat belt off again :D

I open my door and press my buckle release at the same time, even if I just go in to get a CD or something out of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

I know ignorance seems to be some prized virtue for alot of Irish motorists, but surely wearing your seatbelt is up there in the common knowledge with not eating the yellow snow!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭chief_stains

In terms of an a motoring offence, to be given 2 points for an offence which does not endanger other motorists is absolutely ridiculous. As others have said in this thread, if people in their car are not wearing a seatbelt they won't drive. You should not be forced to wear a seatbelt by a government or the police, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Always wear my seatbelt, always have, always will.

And I'll give out to the people in the car if they don't have theirs on.

Totally agree with you,Even that half seat belt in middle i hate letting anyone sit in that.
    Seat belt or you dont get in my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I actually begin to panic without a seatbelt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Never wear one when I drive. Only as a passenger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Always, i dont think twice about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I feel kind of vulnerable without a seatbelt, both when I'm riving and as a passenger. When I was a kid my parents always made me wear my seatbelt. It's just become habit to wear it now an it feels wrong not wearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

In terms of an a motoring offence, to be given 2 points for an offence which does not endanger other motorists is absolutely ridiculous. As others have said in this thread, if people in their car are not wearing a seatbelt they won't drive. You should not be forced to wear a seatbelt by a government or the police, ever.

maybe if your in the car by yourself but if there are other people and you're not wearing your seatbelt you're going to be flung around and headbutt and kill everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I always put mine on. If I am carrying passengers then the car does not move until they all have their seatbelts on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I always wear a seat belt. I went for the 'naked option'. And on the odd occasion I forget the car promptly reminds me!

My 5 year old daughter can read the display above the rear view mirror and knows which seats don't have the belts engaged. Sometime she reminds me before the car!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Always and without fail (except when I stop and go to reverse into a spot or something).

I feel less in control of the car without a seatbelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

oh god id always wear seat belt, whether driver or passenger. cant believe some people dont, just thought it was a done thing! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

A friend of mine had a minor accident where a driver pulled out in front of him with three kids under the age of 5 in the back seat unrestrained. :mad:

No one injured thank God but could have been a mess. Irresponsible idiots like that should be shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Sorry I should clarify I mean the parent should be shot not the kids:)

Advertisement