Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genre Organization?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Rigsby wrote: »
    lordgoat wrote: »
    Jesus guys go easy on liah

What's with this ?? :confused: I gave Liah a link to an all blues forum where he/she can discuss to his/her hearts content without the "indignity" of having "jazz heads " present. ;)

Did you even read my post after?

I listen to the same amount of jazz as blues. I can easily say the same thing in reverse. I don't want to discuss a jazz artist with a bunch of blues heads either. They just don't seem compatible in userbase. I mean, can you really compare Diana Krall to Muddy Waters? They're totally different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

liah wrote: »
    Did you even read my post after?

I listen to the same amount of jazz as blues. I can easily say the same thing in reverse. I don't want to discuss a jazz artist with a bunch of blues heads either. They just don't seem compatible in userbase. I mean, can you really compare Diana Krall to Muddy Waters? They're totally different.

So why not use the blues link I sent you ?

Here's an all jazz one as well. Now you are in business.

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

So why not use the blues link I sent you ?

Here's an all jazz one as well. Now you are in business.

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

Because I like boards, and I don't want to have to go to a billion different sites? Boards has a music section which does fine, just could just use some refinement.

No need to be combative.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

What's with this ?? :confused: I gave Liah a link to an all blues forum where he/she can discuss to his/her hearts content without the "indignity" of having "jazz heads " present. ;)

I didn't single anyone out merely felt liah was getting alot of agro. But on reading your post again, dismissivley telling someone to join another forum and "give us all a break" is a bit unfriendly just a bit sh it really.

I didn't single anyone out merely felt liah was getting alot of agro. But on reading your post again, dismissivley telling someone to join another forum and "give us all a break" is a bit unfriendly just a bit sh it really.

The smiley after the above remark in my post meant it was light hearted banter. The OP seems to be in the minority with regards the jazz/blues forum and I was merely giving them an alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Blisterman wrote: »
    Some good ideas, but I would have it like so:

Soul/Hip Hop/RnB/Funk

Why? Because a lot of Hip-Hop is influenced by those genres particularly in relation to samples? Other than that what's the common trend?

Why are people asking about a rap subgenre? Rap is part of Hip-Hop, it's covered, it would be like having a Rock forum and then a sub forum of that called Rock music with singing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Makaveli wrote: »
    Why are people asking about a rap subgenre? Rap is part of Hip-Hop, it's covered, it would be like having a Rock forum and then a sub forum of that called Rock music with singing.

I think this is the main problem right across the board. Too many labels are imo very bad. I actually think that at the moment the forums are quite well defined in relation to the amount of people that use them.

I think this is the main problem right across the board. Too many labels are imo very bad. I actually think that at the moment the forums are quite well defined in relation to the amount of people that use them.

I agree.

Advertisement