Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Stock

• 01-05-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

hi folks ,i have some home made chicken stock in my fridge since last saturday......anyone know is it still ok to use this stock tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

hi folks ,i have some home made chicken stock in my fridge since last saturday......anyone know is it still ok to use this stock tomorrow?

NO.;)

Fresh stock, a week OLD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

age old rule...if in doubt, throw it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

3 days max for fresh stock

next time frezze it down or you can frezze it in ice cubes and use them as you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

rocknchef wrote: »
    3 days max for fresh stock

next time frezze it down or you can frezze it in ice cubes and use them as you need them.

I like the freezer cubes:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Even I would say 'NO' and I'm well known here for my dangerous and cavalier attitude towards food poisoning and chicken handling in particular!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

i just used it in a chicken curry :) it was excellent.....for now...thanks for the replies though,ill freeze it next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

wow, you crazy fu***!!

I guess if it was really off it would have smelled bad.

Hope you and yours will be ok!

I can't help but be a little impressed!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

well it did smell good,im still good too,gonna have another helping of it soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Like said reduce it down and freeze it in in an ice tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

[Not to be taken as general advice for what you should do in your kitchen]

If it smells okay AND you boil it in your cooking, you'll kill off anything that might make you ill. People all over the world, in less ideal conditions than a modern western kitchen, eat things you'd throw out in a heartbeat, because they cook them to a temperature that kills off everything bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement