Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray getting very rough again

Options
  • 01-05-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I've lived in bray since i was a kid, and always knew of the rough element but never got bothered. in the past few days I've almost been robbed by what looks like total smack heads TWICE, both in Broad daylight, one on the main st near TSB and the other by tesco TONIGHT, both times by two guys (different each time- tonights guys had a scar and a tash) the ones tonight followed me to my car and were hanging around the front entrance...
    Are things getting worse here???
    Has anyone else noticed a difference??

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Quite a few undesirables hang out around the side of McDonalds. Maybe a sign of the times, credit crunch no cash give us your money?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I've lived in bray since i was a kid, and always knew of the rough element but never got bothered. in the past few days I've almost been robbed by what looks like total smack heads TWICE, both in Broad daylight, one on the main st near TSB and the other by tesco TONIGHT, both times by two guys (different each time- tonights guys had a scar and a tash) the ones tonight followed me to my car and were hanging around the front entrance...
    Are things getting worse here???
    Has anyone else noticed a difference??

Thx

So standing around equals attempted robbery? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MarkHobBray1977

its a fair point...since the new meth clinics were established , its gone to the dogs in Bray....Full of junkies

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tattoo

its a fair point...since the new meth clinics were established , its gone to the dogs in Bray....Full of junkies

What new meth clinics.

I have noticed a few more junkies hanging around the main street. It'll be like Dun laoghaire soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 caterpillargirl

Yes what about new meth clinics??? Also the guys were not just rough they were whispering to eachother and head nodding and saying 'get hor bag' or something like that, the ones on the main st were too off their heads to actually do anything about it. But the ones by tesco were scarier and one followed me to my car, I had to hide out in the newsagents then pretty much run then push down the button in my car door, only then did he sneer and turn on his heel. I'm pretty streetwise so copped onto all of this, but someone else easily might have been robbed....Anyway just keep an eye out....

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

jaysis, when did it stop being rough:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Bray's not rough at all- try living in some parts of Manchester if you want rough! Sorry to hear about what happened you OP but it doesn't correlate that someone trying to mug you makes it a rough area- that can happen anywhere. I've been robbed twice in my life- once in west London, once in Donnybrook near RTÉ.

Lived in Oldcourt for a while and I was amazed at the bad press it got- the height of badness in there is kids playing their music too loud and the odd vandalism of bus shelters. It's certainly not somewhere you'd fear for your life like newspapers/word of mouth would suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

utick wrote: »

Fassaroe was Always Rough & Headcase Wielding a Imatataion Gun :rolleyes:

If you look on the bigger Scale Bray is not as Rough as some parts of Dublin & Defiantly[FONT=&quot][/FONT] no Limerick!

yes but i was replying to a msg saying bray is ' not rough at all' which i dont think is acurate either

• Advertisement

utick wrote: »
    yes but i was replying to a msg saying bray is ' not rough at all' which i dont think is acurate either

I suppose it all correlates with life experience. I've lived in some absolute dives, and still do, so comparative to them I don't see Bray as actually that bad. After a period of time you become desensitized to certain things...rightly or wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HereinBray

And it ain't going to stop being rough anytime soon.
    I had the pleasure of being stranded in my apartment on Saturday because 3 seven (at the most) year olds were throwing rocks across a busymain road at my door. One of them had such a good aim that he could be a professional rock thrower.
    Of course no parents/grown ups around. And when they cause an accident and someone is injured - either the Guards or the Government gets the blame.
    The level of child neglect in Bray is atrocious - these kids should be taken from their so called parents and fostered out to folks who will rear them properly.
    And it doesn't matter where in Bray you live - chances are that your neighbours are thugs.
    I'm just sick and tired of living in a society where the average law abider has absolutely no rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 caterpillargirl

It's a shame it can be so rough as the geographical location is gorgeous (could be a bit closer to dublin) Also we could do with better shops and restaurants. look at carrickmines, something like that would pul in all from a massive catchment area.
    Anyway for the most part it's ok, just a bit rough here and there especially on sunny Bank Holiday weekends :o) But why oh why did they build a meth clinic, why not put it in Fassaroe?
    And more of a police presence would be nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

But why oh why did they build a meth clinic, why not put it in Fassaroe?

People live in Fassaroe too you know! Not all drug addicts there. A lot of hardworking people with young families and enough troubles of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It's a shame it can be so rough as the geographical location is gorgeous (could be a bit closer to dublin) Also we could do with better shops and restaurants. look at carrickmines, something like that would pul in all from a massive catchment area.
    Anyway for the most part it's ok, just a bit rough here and there especially on sunny Bank Holiday weekends :o) But why oh why did they build a meth clinic, why not put it in Fassaroe?And more of a police presence would be nice!!

That's a stupid statement, your answer to clean up Bray is to pile more crap into a troubled area to further blight the good people in the area who already have to put up with crap there. Guess so long as it doesn't influence your life you don't care eh? Out of sight out of mind:rolleyes:

Also about the police presence, scumbags have no fear of the Gardai anymore, they just laugh at them now, as I was told by a Garda one night "there's no fear there anymore", The Gardai are fighting a losing battle and doing there best to keep up. More Gardai aren't the answer.

foxy06 wrote: »
    People live in Fassaroe too you know! Not all drug addicts there. A lot of hardworking people with young families and enough troubles of their own.

Absolutely spot on. The poster obviously thinks the ideal scenario is to let the working class and unemployed scrap it out between ourselves, somewhere well away from where society's 'superiors' go about their business. Push everyone to one side.

Sounds a lot like the overspill housing ideas dreamed up by the Governments of the early-mid 20th century. Ballymun turned out well didn't it...

The people, generally, who moan about areas being 'rough' are the ones who have no experience of the day in, day out world of being surrounded by crime and drugs. It's all very well looking out the window of your 3-bed detached and seeing these things from afar, try being in the thick of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

so much potential it has. it could be class, like a wetter version of one of those picturesque american towns. i was in a place called alameda in california last year and it reminded me a little bit of bray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Folks, if you have a problem with a post, use the report post button report.gif rather than jumping on high horses.

Feeding the troll is as bad as trolling.

Caterpillargirl infracted for trolling. Everyone else, drop that line of conversation please.

Advertisement