Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish beer video

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Great video and a good over form some people who really know their beer

But who is that bloke with the northern accent:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

oblivious wrote: »
    But who is that bloke with the northern accent:p
    The usual **** you get at Irish beer festivals :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Enjoyed that Video, thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭VODKA-MAN

i met these two at the easterfest..

nice people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Is this going to be on every Easter Saturday in Cork? Looks like a place to spend a week-end if it is. Always try my best to support local brewers but they are so few and far between it is sometimes hard to to source their products.

Oh yea and they are usually yummy :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Is this going to be on every Easter Saturday in Cork?
    It has been for several years now -- Easter Saturday and Sunday -- and given the crowds, I'd say it's a safe bet for future years too. Their promotion of it seems to be getting progressively worse, however.

In addition, I hope we'll have a re-run of the Bord Bia craft drinks festival in Phoenix Park this September. Slightly further afield, most of the Irish microbreweries send beer to the Hilden Festival, near Lisburn, on the last weekend in August.

And for everyday drinking, you'll find a list of pubs which serve Irish craft beer here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Thanks for the confirmation ... even the Phoenix Park event might be worth the effort.

I'm Galway based and have made Galway Hooker my beer of choice but unfortunately that is the only independent draught beer really here. Delighted that it has found a market as at one stage I was convinced it was not going to survive as a lot of pubs that stocked it initially would regularly be out of it and that does not help it's cause. I have always enjoyed the local brews and would love to see Ireland turn into something like what is found in nearly every part of the UK.

Keep up the good work and spreading the word

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Thanks for the confirmation ... even the Phoenix Park event might be worth the effort.

It was very go last year.

Advertisement