Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolo Tomassi......

Options
  • 01-05-2009 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of this band!? They're absolutely crazy....Like elevator music combined with metal/screaming and other wierd ****.

Right so, I'm flicking through youtube and I come across this band with an innocent looking girl singer and these other scrawny looking guys and decided to check them out and was very surprised! I seriously like them for some very very strange reason! Anyone with me or am I just wierd? :pac::pac:

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

They make me uncomfortable.

I'll give the album another go, but I have my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

What elevators do you ride in? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Heard these before late night...i was convinced i had imagined what i was seeing untill the next day they come on tv again... For some reason i think there class. I believe they played freds in cork there for 5 euro a week or two ago

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

Worrying. Very worrying.
    That wee lass should not be singing metal.
    Perhaps she should listen to Arch Enemy to learn how its done
    But dear god....that is some strange, disquieting and unpleasant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have to say that's a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be. According to their MySpace page they are playing in Dublin on May 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Meh, they do nothing for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Strange band ... really doesn't work for me .. felt like it was all over the place and they were trying loads of different things and just mixing it all together.

That said maybe their other stuff is better ?

(had strange urge to listen to some kittie afterwards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭adamb92

effing woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

forbairt wrote: »
    felt like it was all over the place and they were trying loads of different things and just mixing it all together.
    That's Mathcore for you. It tends to be very chaotic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I quite like it, the gig later on this month might be worth going to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I checked them out after cancer bats in cork and hated them I have to say. However she has some voice on her for the size of her!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Sorry to bump a dead thread, but I heard Biffy Clyro like these guys and went on a bit of a downloading spree. OP, I agree they are utterly awesome I can't get enough at the moment!! :D
    Their sound is like a combination of the best bits from The Fall of Troy, Genghis Tron, Arch Enemy with a little pop thrown in the mix - genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I like this band. "Cosmology" is their most recently released album. I like it better than their first. Single from the album:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Horrible, and one of those kunts in the video above is partaking in that slam dance shite. Anyone that promotes stuff like that should be shot.

Horrible, and one of those kunts in the video above is partaking in that slam dance shite. Anyone that promotes stuff like that should be shot.

Do you have anything to support your opinion apart from cursing ... ?

I really really dislike slam dancing and the music. Better?

I really really dislike slam dancing and the music. Better?

Not ideal, but i'll take it :rolleyes:

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Not ideal, but i'll take it :rolleyes:

I can do it too look :) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I can do it too look :) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We're making progress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

hmmm, reminds me of the cardiacs in terms of the randomness. As with the aformentioned band their music is a blitz of technical song structures but I find it to be a bit boring after a while because there is a repetitiveness in deliberately not being repetitive. Its different but I find there isn't much depth to the music, its like its being too cool for its own good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sounds like something out of the Exorcist, not a fan at all...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

hmmm, reminds me of the cardiacs in terms of the randomness. As with the aformentioned band their music is a blitz of technical song structures but I find it to be a bit boring after a while because there is a repetitiveness in deliberately not being repetitive. Its different but I find there isn't much depth to the music, its like its being too cool for its own good.

I would think the opposite, in that this kind of music is far more rewarding in the long run because it takes a good few listens to get a grip on it. I think it's a bit of a cop out to just say they're trying to be cool instead of taking the time to get used to the intricacies of the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

meh they aight. a bit ******y. I'd listen to DEP if i wanted mathcore :) and slam dancing is retarded.

Advertisement