Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone Problems

• 01-05-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I have IPhone 3g on 2.2.0 its unlocked on meteor network, lately its been crashing a lot esp with certain apps like mafia wars or tetris etc. it starts up then springs back to the home screen, also sometimes when a call is coming through the slider crashes and i cant answer, happening more frequently now,
    What i want to know is, do i now restore? will i lose all my contacts if i do this? and because its jailbroken will i have to go through that whole jailbreaking and unlocking process again if i restore it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭CivilEx

You may be having problems because you are asking the iPhone to do things Apple didn't intend - by putting certain apps on after jailbreaking.

Are your contacts "over the air" via exchange or mobile me? If so, they will reappear after a restore when you reconnect to these accounts. If not you can back them up in iTunes and perform a restore later.

If you want to use the iPhone on meteor you will have to jailbreak again and use yellown0w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

CivilEx wrote: »
    You may be having problems because you are asking the iPhone to do things Apple didn't intend - by putting certain apps on after jailbreaking.

Would you say this is a big problem? I am about to buy an iPhone to jailbreak it to use it with 3 and would intend to use apps a fair bit. Would crashes be inevitable them? How often are we talking about?

Thanks

Apps in general are not the problem. I'm talking about apps that you can only get on jailbroken iPhone's e.g. those that capture video or allow backgound applications. Apple have not allowed these in the App store for a reason so far, as they stress the hardware and cause crashes etc. Certain jailbroken apps won't be an issue like those that let you use your iPhone as a modem because these are excluded from the App store for commercial reasons of AT&T.

If you really must jailbreak to get certain apps, you've got to expect crashes. The frequency of crashes will be down to how hard you stress your iPhone with these Apps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Just to rule out the obvious, have you turned off and restarted the phone lately? In my experience you should do this every couple of days for best operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

if i jailbreak again will i just keep gettin the same problem?

HAve restarted the phone many times, its only with certain apps that seem to cause the problem?

• Advertisement

jailbreaking on it's own, even with yellowsn0w isn't the issue IMO. I'd recommend though that you firstly look for your apps in the App Store and then Cydia or Installer.

Have you narrowed it down to which Apps are causing the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

yeah its seems to happen to mafia wars and tetris, that they load up and then spring back to the home page if u get me! wish i never got the phone now feel like smashing it to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

smyths wrote: »
    yeah its seems to happen to mafia wars and tetris, that they load up and then spring back to the home page if u get me! wish i never got the phone now feel like smashing it to be honest

Dont dont dont youll know you regret it.:D

Advertisement