Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibber's Magee

Options
  • 02-05-2009 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

1. I really dislike 360 pads.
    2. Nothing is more frustrating than avoiding a chip Ultra with teleport, then fscking up my counter-Ultra.
    3. Anyone know who was the Claw who worked me in SF2 quarters? He perfected my Ryu :(

Good fun in all, slight downmarks for iffy controls. Oh and alcohol is really bad for execution! :pac:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Many at the competition. What was the standard like?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Azza wrote: »
    Many at the competition. What was the standard like?
    i think the drink might've lowered it a wee bit. Great crowd tho!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i would have won if i was there cos im great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah, it was a great atmosphere but could have done with more than one machine!! Who won SF4 in the end, I had to go?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

We should organise a boards outing to one ot these things...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Really enjoyed it, crowd was well up for it. Glad I brought my own pad though, as Kokki points out the standard xbox pads were rubbish.

The SFIV tournament didn't even start 'till about 11.30, so a few pints were had by that stage which didn't help matters:pac:

The claw in SFII was one of my mates Kokki - he went on to win the SFIV tourny with vega as well.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    1. I really dislike 360 pads.
    2. Nothing is more frustrating than avoiding a chip Ultra with teleport, then fscking up my counter-Ultra.
    3. Anyone know who was the Claw who worked me in SF2 quarters? He perfected my Ryu :(

Good fun in all, slight downmarks for iffy controls. Oh and alcohol is really bad for execution! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

yo A-trak, was it you that had the MadCatz Fightpad?

00011000 wrote: »
    yo A-trak, was it you that had the MadCatz Fightpad?
    Yup, think I was the only one with a fightpad, gave a few other lads that asked a lend of it ofr their rounds. (Got a few boos off the crowd too for taking too long too configure the button set up, rightly so though - again I blame the pints!)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

A-Trak wrote: »
    Yup, think I was the only one with a fightpad, gave a few other lads that asked a lend of it ofr their rounds. (Got a few boos off the crowd too for taking too long too configure the button set up, rightly so though - again I blame the pints!)

Yeah, I borrowed it once. Cheers for that. Didn't help me though. Haha. I really suck too. Are you on PSN?

No bother lad.
    Am on Xbox for SFIV,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 smdylan

Street Fighter and pints!:eek:

i must know were and when this glorious bonding of excellence go's down

well going from the thread name its in fibbers would i be right in that assumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

smdylan wrote: »

i must know were and when this glorious bonding of excellence go's down

well going from the thread name its in fibbers would i be right in that assumption?

It has already gone down, last friday! Yeah it was in Fibber Magee's on parnell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

From now on when things like this are getting set up can people post them in this section too and not just the competitive gaming section. Should help us all know about it.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Going to go for the good ol' self-promotion tactic here aswell and say that if you know of events (or people that are organising events) give me a shout and it will appear on the eSports.ie Events Calendar.

If enough info is sent on, a news piece is usually done up too. Should spread the word and hopefully more people can find out about events. Although, there is always a few that don't see an event until after the fact; not much you can do about that except hope they'll be more aware for next time :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Fibber's was great.

I was the Abel player. Think I was in the semi-finals, though I don't really remember how I got there. Too flippin' drunk to offer much of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smdylan

shizzle i thought is some kind of dream were some smart publican did it every week or at least 2 a month, if i ever decide to open a bar thats what im gonna do :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

A boards get together would be great. My Blanka in SFTTHDR is good, but sometimes the streams of Ken are too much to take!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

A-Trak wrote: »
    The claw in SFII was one of my mates Kokki - he went on to win the SFIV tourny with vega as well.

Whats his GT, one of the lads I play online said he won it - and I beleve him his claw is a freakin nightmare!!

Thats the fellah alright Sagat.

Anyone know if Fibbers do this on an ongoing basis or if they have any plans for another?

• Advertisement

The guy who I did the podcast with said that it was a regular thing. I will be in town with a nocturnal forum beers (you're all welcome along btw) on Friday so I may stick my head in and check.

I was in Fibbers last night but the metal kareoke was on (which I am told is usually on after the SF tourney). Must try harder, Doom.

Anyone any updates if Fibbers is holding another SFIV tourny any time soon?

Pints and SFIV is indeed a good evening.

Edit - had a look at their website and am still no wiser.

Advertisement