Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaky hot water cylinder/ air in radiators

Options
  • 02-05-2009 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

I have just noticed my hot water cylinder has a small leak which I will get around to replacing. I have also noticed lately that I am getting a lot of air in a couple of the radiators as well.

Are these problems related or are they 2 separate problems? I can't seem to find any leakage from the rads themselves.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It depends on where the water is leaking from the cylinder. If its leaking from the secondary heating coil its a possibility but as you can tell by my lack of knowledge its not likely its connected. However I would sort the cylinder soon as its a big problem to fix if its anything more than a weeping nut.

ps: you've not much to do at 3.48 am do you! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Koloman wrote: »
    I have just noticed my hot water cylinder has a small leak which I will get around to replacing. I have also noticed lately that I am getting a lot of air in a couple of the radiators as well.

Are these problems related or are they 2 separate problems? I can't seem to find any leakage from the rads themselves.

Thanks for any info.

If it's leaking from the coil connections it is probably drawing in air on cooldown giving you the air in your rads, if from other area then no, maybe post a picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

It's not coming from any of the connectors it seems. There is a small amount of water at the base of the cylinder about the size of a coin and there is a blueish colour at the bottom of the cylinder where the water appears to be slowly seeping out.

I presume the whole thing will have to be replaced and if so how much would it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

ps: you've not much to do at 3.48 am do you! ;-)

I am a bit of an insomniac.smile.gif

Advertisement