Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sell or keep?!

Options
  • 02-05-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Like most of us their has been one point in history where we sold our lovely video game systems, and other times we held on to them.........
    so i put it to you what did u sell? and what did u keep?!

Sold and i still wish i didnt.......... my old snes with a fantastic collection of games!

held on to..... well pretty much everything else, even when hope was going out the door but i still have an Atari 2600/Jag ( i could go on and on But i wantd to keep this thread about systems thats are well past their prime but u still held on to them anyway....) , Atari 2600, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside when i play it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I traded in my GBC to get a GBA. I've regretted it ever since. Every other console I've kept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sold my snes as well and it still haunts me to this day:(
    Sold a lot of my GC games due to being totally skint, but replaced most of them when I cleared my debt.
    Never again, hoarding ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,294 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Moved away to Ireland, came back, and realised my dumbass siblings sold all the consoles for Weed money. Goodbye megadrive. Goodbye Sonic Spinball. Goodbye TMNT Hanhattan. And the N64 I bought myself with lawnmowing money back in the 90s? Don't have a fcuking clue. Probably swapped it for a Quarter. Assholes.

Only by some course of magic did they keep not one, but two SNES. And they are never getting it back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Have only ever sold 2 games, the Darkness and Kane and Lynch and that was becasue they were beyond awful. I hoard everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Have only ever sold 2 games, the Darkness and Kane and Lynch and that was becasue they were beyond awful. I hoard everything

everything, ya say :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hoarder as well.

Traded in MGS and RE1 though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I often regret getting rid of my Nomad, portable Megadrive to the uninitiated, I got a Virtual Boy in return, so not so bad I guess.
    For years I sold my console before using the money to fund the next gen, but at the PS2 I gave this practise up, and now own every console I have ever had, every console I have ever wanted (almost) and mostly every game I wanted too, and now I have a games room bulging with gaming goodness, OH YES!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Overheal wrote: »
    Moved away to Ireland, came back, and realised my dumbass siblings sold all the consoles for Weed money. Goodbye megadrive. Goodbye Sonic Spinball. Goodbye TMNT Hanhattan. And the N64 I bought myself with lawnmowing money back in the 90s? Don't have a fcuking clue. Probably swapped it for a Quarter. Assholes.

Only by some course of magic did they keep not one, but two SNES. And they are never getting it back.

Kill them. Sell their organs and use the proceeds to replace the stuff they sold :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I sold off my Saturn, slightly miss it sometimes but since I got Virtua Cop for the PS2 and have House of the Dead 2 on the DC, I'll survive. Kinda miss my Game Gear too but I never played it as much as I should have, it had an excellent version of Streets of Rage on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I often regret getting rid of my Nomad, portable Megadrive to the uninitiated, I got a Virtual Boy in return, so not so bad I guess.
    For years I sold my console before using the money to fund the next gen, but at the PS2 I gave this practise up, and now own every console I have ever had, every console I have ever wanted (almost) and mostly every game I wanted too, and now I have a games room bulging with gaming goodness, OH YES!!!

Note to self: Find CiDeRmAn's address and break in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Note to self. Follow Gummy Panda home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

+1 lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't mind him, he hasn't even got soukyugurentai on the saturn :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

i traded m barcode battler (i won it in that quinnsworth million scratch cards competion) for Creatures 1 and 2 for the C64. i got 2 of the best games ever made (be they under rated in the tomes of gaming history) for one of the most over hyped pecies of crap game systams (BCB was as fun as playing with a scientific calculator with a missing 4 button)

I got all my C64 gear horded still, 1541 drive, Action Replay IV, and a million tapes with floppy backups.

i sold everything else. wish i held on to some games though, i had a load of lucas arts PC games i believe are worth a fortune today. don't know where they went.

a friend took his pic of a game shop in brussels for you all to drool over....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just check this thread to see my stuff.
    Please don't break in, I'll only have to track you down and, well, it won't be pleasant, but don't worry, it won't hurt me a bit!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055554686

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Please don't break in, I'll only have to track you down and, well, it won't be pleasant, but don't worry, it won't hurt me a bit!

:eek:
    I want to do filthy things to that room:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

nice pics, lovin the colecio (spelling?!) and the VB

• Registered Users Posts: 83,294 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You have all of these games systems

Thousands, if not tens of thousands of euros worth of gaming equipment and software

And then you have a 20" Television Screen.

Get out.
    >

Advertisement