Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not happy with creditors meeting of Newlands Renault / Brickfield Motor Company Ltd.

Options
  • 02-05-2009 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I attended the creditors meeting along with many others as listed http://www.fgspartnership.com/includes/documents/20%20April%202009.pdf and am unhappy with the outcome, I have done my own foot work and know they both (O Curran & N Breen) have assets namely property in Dublin, if I don’t get paid I will lose my business, I just wounder if I can hide behind a solicitor to avoid my debts. Can any one let me know where I can go or what I can do to try and recoup my money. That’s it rant over. David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can't hide behind a solicitor, unless you're filing for bankruptcy. If you're a business, then consumer protection does not apply. You're going to need your solicitor involved, as if you can't bay your debts, your business is in trouble too.

As for the owners of the other company having property, that's probably irrelevant. If their business is a limited company, then they are not personally liable for the debts.

Advertisement