Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lennon leaving? This can't be true!

Options
  • 02-05-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

United and Liverpool are set for summer tug-of-war over Lennon

Last updated at 9:05 AM on 02nd May 2009

Aaron Lennon has emerged as a summer target for both Manchester United and Tottenham.
    The Spurs winger has just signed a new deal at White Hart Lane which takes him up to 2014 but the club would be powerless to stop him from moving on if another club were to match their £20million valuation.
    United appear to be the favourites to sign the 22-year-old England international, with manager Sir Alex Ferguson fearful that he could lose both Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez at the end of the season, while Ryan Giggs is also heading towards the end of his career.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez was interested in signing Lennon in the January transfer window and he could go back for the player as he looks to bolster his squad.
    Should Lennon move to Old Trafford, he would follow in the footsteps of Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov, both of whom left White Hart Line to join United.
    Lennon, who has won 11 England caps, joined Spurs five years ago for £1m when he left home-town club Leeds.

Surely this can't be allowed to happen again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

this would be a disaster. However, i think that 'Arry is a much stronger personality than Ramos or Jol and it would be harder for Lennon to leave.

Also, Lennon is guaenteed first-team football at spurs, not so much at Manure or Liverpool. Fingers crossed to doesn't go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

it seems every time a spurs player has a good run of form they are linked with a move away from WHL.

its time spurs put a stop to all our best players leaving if the board want us to believe they are serious about breaking into the top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Unfortunately I can see this happening.
    Unless Levy shows some balls and tells them all to fcuk off.
    Doubt he will though (if the price is right).

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'd be gutted if we lost Lennon.

We are starting to get the foundations of a very good side and to break that up now would be disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭froosh69

Unfortunately I can see this happening.
    Unless Levy shows some balls and tells them all to fcuk off.
    Doubt he will though (if the price is right).

Luckily, Spurs have pretty healthy books so I think it would take a HUGE offer 35mill+ to prise him away...It's not as if we need the money, especially if the likes of Pav and Bentley leave.

I think it's up to Lennon himself...players tend to flock to the bright lights of the Champions League like flies to sh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

this rumour wont go away while lennon is on good form. i think he is reasonibly happy here id like to think that anyway but then again i thought keane was too but u never know.

alot of talk as well of jenas going to inter. this story was floating about in jan too.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

ruiseal wrote: »
    United and Liverpool are set for summer tug-of-war over Lennon

Last updated at 9:05 AM on 02nd May 2009

Aaron Lennon has emerged as a summer target for both Manchester United and Tottenham.

Least we're targeting keeping him :p

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I would be more worried if it was Chelsea coming in for him as he says before he is settled in London. I think we are a different proposition this year and already Harry has established a family feeling at the club.

Liverpool is a non runner for me with the way Keane was treated and Im sure Lennon would recognise that. Also the Gareth Barry saga must make him wary.

Seeing of Bentley must be some satisfaction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Nailed on that Bentley is for sale, its just a case of wether anyone will offer 10 or 12 million for him after the season he has had. And going by what Harry said yesterday, Pav could be on his bike too, again only if we could get 10m for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

I can't see Aaron leaving. He has just cleaned up at the annual Club Awards ( Best Young Player of the year; Player of the year; Most glorious moment of the year "last goal against the Gooners 4-4") If Spurs are really serious about Top 4 next season, then Harry must hold on to the likes of Lennon. He is Young, Gifted, and terrorises the opposition defenses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement