Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Brownies

Options
  • 02-05-2009 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Just wondering if anybody has a good recipe for chocolate brownies. Sorry if this has been asked before, if so could someone point me in the right direction!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

The recipe I use is "Supernatural Brownies" here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/11/dining/111brex.html

(Warning: very very rich and very very chocolatey :D)

I love love love these and can't get enough of them every time there's a batch made. Everyone who has tasted them finds them amazing. They're very moist and gooey and very very chocolatey.

I always add in chunks of white and dark chocolate through them also. Makes them even better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

looks very similar to a recipe i use but i dont use brown sugar and i add some beetroot to mine keeps them bit more moist and i dont cook it for that long maybe 30miins max

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Am going to give this a whirl shortly. http://www.odlums.ie/Recipes1/R_ChocBr.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orangecake

Thanks for the replies. I'm going give one or other of those a go tomorrow hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

The recipe I use is "Supernatural Brownies" here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/11/dining/111brex.html

(Warning: very very rich and very very chocolatey :D)

I love love love these and can't get enough of them every time there's a batch made. Everyone who has tasted them finds them amazing. They're very moist and gooey and very very chocolatey.

I always add in chunks of white and dark chocolate through them also. Makes them even better :)

I want to try this one, could you post your converted measurements to make your typical serving.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Sure, I use:

7 ounces of each of the sugars
    3.5 ounces of flour
    Half a pound of butter
    300g chocolate (may be slightly more than in the recipe but yum)

I don't bother with the walnuts but throw in the dark & white chocolate chunks instead

I make 12 from it.

Nice thanks for that, ill be making it tonight. :)

Good luck ...and report back! :)

Will do !

Damn they were good, nice and sticky! I highly recommend that recipe!

Hehe i worked out the calories based on the ingredients and 12 pieces, 500 calories per piece.:eek:

• Advertisement

But worth every one of those calories :p

But worth every one of those calories :p

Oh yes they were indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

I made these but I added pistachios.

http://www.joyofbaking.com/brownies.html
    Yummy with some raspberries.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

This is the one I used the other day, its good, if doing it again I'd add the extra chocolate or nuts, didn't have any extra at the time

Ingredients: 4 eggs
    225g sugar
    350g chocolate
    175g butter
    225g flour

Extra pieces of chocolate or Hazelnuts (optional) if using hazelnuts, roast and peel before adding to the mix.

Method: Beat the eggs and sugar together until thick
    Melt the chocolate and butter, and mix with the beaten eggs and sugar
    Gently fold in the flour, ( if using extra pieces of chocolate or hazelnuts add them too)
    Place in a baking tray lined with with greaseproof paper

Cooking time: Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees c, for 20-25 minutes only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Check this out, I made it last weekend and it tastes amazing and so many people agree.

I know mayonaise in a brownie sounds disgusting but I urge you to try and see what you think after

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10036/chocolate-brownies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kilns wrote: »
    I know mayonaise in a brownie sounds disgusting
    If it was just the mayo ingredients listed nobody would bat an eyelid, just mainly eggs & oil. Some vinegar I suppose not not a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Using mayonnaise is actually really clever in cakes. It's similar to a chiffon sponge where an egg yolk/oil emulsion is made, but seeing as the mayonnaise is already an emulsion, you just add it in.

Any vinegar in the mayonnaise would be minimal, and would actually be beneficial, as it'd react with the baking soda to give the cake a touch of leavening, even though chiffon and brownie bases don't use chemical leavening.

Just don't use garlic mayo :pac:

Advertisement