Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Travellers Scam Again!!!

Options
  • 02-05-2009 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Guys hows all.I just taught id warn everyone about travellers scammin around the east.Offerin Plasma tv's cheap,laptops d works.Myself and a few mates got done for 2grand last night down in carlow town and these guys weren to be messed wit if ya get me.Their rough people so be on gaurd and dont get into wat i stupidly did....Main guy was usin the name Mark by the way.Hope this helps someone...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

You just they gave €2,000 cash?If thats the case its your own fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

you handed over 2 grand to a man named mark who looked like a traveller, my name is conor and i look like me now give me 4 grand ,

have you never heard of the scams with the brief case and the laptop ,on opening the brief case you will find 2 overly priced bottles of ballygowan that have been already used,

im sorry to hear about your 2 grand giggsy, but come on what were you buying a 6 berth caravan kitted out with plasmas and surround sound,and a 50 meter fold up pool aswell.

did by any chance they drive a vw golf kinda navy grey in color, 04 shape , but im not sure of the exact year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ah jaysus sorry to hear bout that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭adamb92

Totally agree with Podge2k7, its your own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Guys ya don have t tell me its my own fault.It was either give up the cash or end up in hospital if i was lucky lads..Anyway i jus taught id warn others ye!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

giggsy07 wrote: »
    Guys ya don have t tell me its my own fault.It was either give up the cash or end up in hospital if i was lucky lads..Anyway i jus taught id warn others ye!!

So it was nothing to do with them selling plasma's?
    They just said they'd beat you up if you didn't give them money?
    That's plain robbery, not a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭adamb92

how did they know you had €2,000 on you then??

adamb92 wrote: »
    how did they know you had €2,000 on you then??
    man wat kind of a question is that?..it was organised earlier ye?..Like i said a warnin to others don be sucked in..

Frisbee wrote: »
    So it was nothing to do with them selling plasma's?
    They just said they'd beat you up if you didn't give them money?
    That's plain robbery, not a scam.
    Ah just plain sick lad but wat can ya do?..I no im skint.im sure they enjoyin it right now.at least were still healthy wat?..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Lads good to hear none of ye ever made a mistake. And have never been scammed or ripped of in your lives.

OP was telling all of you to be careful and ye are ripping the sh*t out of him. Grow up.

• Advertisement

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Lads good to hear none of ye ever made a mistake. And have never been scammed or ripped of in your lives.

OP was telling all of you to be careful and ye are ripping the sh*t out of him. Grow up.
    Everyone has been scammed at some stage love.They just dont realise it..Just think of the government!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭L_gaucho

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Obviously the OP is emabarrassed about this, but still had the decency to warn others. So I agree, grow up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

giggsy07 wrote: »
    Guys hows all.I just taught id warn everyone about travellers scammin around the east.Offerin Plasma tv's cheap,laptops d works.Myself and a few mates got done for 2grand last night down in carlow town and these guys weren to be messed wit if ya get me.Their rough people so be on gaurd and dont get into wat i stupidly did....Main guy was usin the name Mark by the way.Hope this helps someone...

What actually happened? Did he call to your house? How did the scam work? Did he give you empty boxes? Did he just inspect your wallet and there was no actual "scam"? More details please if you want to help others avoid the scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Something sounds a bit fishy.

What "cheap" plasma screen costs €2000? especially off some random traveller guy? You don't know where he met you or what his reg number is? Do you know what he looks like? Report it to the guards they might know him.

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    What actually happened? Did he call to your house? How did the scam work? Did he give you empty boxes? Did he just inspect your wallet and there was no actual "scam"? More details please if you want to help others avoid the scam.
    Pulled me on the street offerin 40 in.plasmas for 400.sony viaos for 350,smokes for 20 a carton of 200 plus cheap drink..I wasn interested at first but a few mates persuaded me it was to good a deal to ignore.we always knew the risk but if it came off we were laughin but unfortunately not.Ah just a warnin to others.Id hate to see someones hard earned cash follow ours...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

This thread sounds like a scam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

rarnes1 wrote: »
    This thread sounds like a scam
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Offerin Plasma tv's cheap,laptops d works.Myself and a few mates got done for 2grand last night

Common sense phail.
    in carlow

Location phail.

Kildare forum, and all. As for the rest of it, well "brought it on yourselves" would be phrasing it too kindly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement