Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car problems - what to do

• 02-05-2009 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭

Ok lads, posted about a problem with the car (06 Leon 1.6 78k km) having a grumbling noise at idle and have a couple of other questions too.

Its been to 2 main dealers and both have given 2 different causes. One says it's the release bearing and new clutch is needed. The other reckons its something in the gearbox as when the clutch is pressed in it doesn't stop immediately and the sound is like running down so thinks its nothing major. The clutch and gearbox are running as they should and he adjusted the box and checked for oil. . Anyone have any ideas? 3rd opinion is in order I think but cant get it in anywhere until tuesday at the earliest. Just hate anything not right with the car.

Secondly, while there he noticed that the pads wont make the next service (4k km away) so it's going in next friday for one. But last night the dash light up with the red brake light flashing, the traction control light on and the ABS light stayed on. Turned car off and on but were still there. Did it again and cleared it and haven't been on since. Anyone k now if a mk2 Leon has a warning light for brake pads and if that was it?

Thirdly to top off my anger, some scrote smacked their door off it when it was parked up for literally 5 minutes. Small, but I notice it. I couldn't bring myself to actually damage their car, but I really do hope they had good fun changing the tyre i left the air out of:mad:

Any help is very greatly appreciated lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

firstly was the clutch changed lately, what milage are you at,

it could be a list of things, could be bearing/spring ,or need adjustment,
    or the pressure plate could be on the way out,or something could have come loose inside the clutch,i would bring it to a few more for their opinion,before i leave it in to be fixed, as i know myself what seat gearboxes are like, it could also be a slipped diff,or also what did they say about the cv joint has anyone checked that

the brake lights will go off when the brakes are done ,you can turn them off before hand but continuing to use the car will just set them on again,

and fair play for getting your own back for the door, i hate when someone slams their door into mine,or rubs there bumper against my jeep in a car park, really leaves me fit ro be tied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have a mechanic friend who can look at the car and give you a concise, independent report if you want EPM.

Also, to sort your paint cost effectively, contact the Paint Doctor (Paul Morrissey) on 0872333999 - he's a genius, and charges buttons. Mobile too, and the work is touch dry in 40 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Cheers for the advice lads. Noise is only there when the clutch is not depressed - it disappears completely when it is pressed in.

@ LL - No clutch change recently. She's at 78k km, apart bfrom the noise it's really running like a dream. No problems whatsoever. They adjusted the box yesterday but noise still stays. About the brake lights - good to know it wasn't a glitch then! Thought they were going to need changing early and it was confirmed by yer man.

@ ned78 - to the rescue again:D Might get onto you in the next few days for a number. Got a guy lined up in Tramore for tuesday evening to take a look. Is that paint doctor the same guy as the dent doc? Going to get him out to do a couple of tiny dings in the next week or two. Have a card somewhere...

Advertisement