Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Tv - Hatton Pacquiao Fight

Options
  • 02-05-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Is it me or is it a disgrace the price that Sky are charging customers in the ROI compared to the UK. 21 euros to 14 pounds. The exchange rate is nowhere near that at the moment, should be closer to 16 euros. Where's the justification for that, it's not that they have any labour costs to consider!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The justification is that they're charging the market rate for it. They will have paid the market rate and therefore are free to charge what they like in different countries.

Also they actually have lowered their prices slightly with the UK VAT rate reduction, which they were under no obligation to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

hmmmmmm wrote: »
    it's not that they have any labour costs to consider!
    yes there are, labour and overall infrastructure, skys prices have been discussed before here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Charles Bronson

It is a disgrace, It is not you...

I was a top tier subscriber to SKY since 1994 and canceled my sub last October when they put the price up to 70+ euros. If they had offered me a free plus box, maybe I would have continued my sub but in 14 years of loyal custom, nada. All the offers were for new subscibers. They asked me why I wanted to cancel my sub, and I said "with the recent price increase I dont feel I am getting value for money" The girl then said "Hmm, I'll put it down as, You cant afford it." I nearly lost it.

Anyhow, Back to the Boxing. In the early days I used to pay to watch the boxing. But this soon stopped after they started playing ads between rounds. If you pay a premium on top of your regular sub, the least you could expect is thirty to fourty minutes of uninterupted fighting. Some of the best work goes on between rounds when a fighter gets a cut. My blood is starting to boil just thinking about it. Money grabbing whores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just be glad we don't live in the USA, they have to pay about $50 a pop for pay-per-views

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's even worse when you consider how long Hatton was conscious for.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Over a tenner a round. Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Worst thing is we already Pay to View. Youtube is the only way to go or a stream i personally hate paying for fights on top of an already expensive subscription fee and do so as little as possible after sky started taking the absolute piss putting khan on PPV and as another poster said the addition of ad breaks is disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

rubadub wrote: »
    yes there are, labour and overall infrastructure, skys prices have been discussed before here.

Really , sky have a presence in Ireland now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

They have (or had) a call centre in Cork.

Advertisement