Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Queens Nighclub

• 02-05-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

:D Its cool its class -its a whole new ballgame lighting system unreal and sound is excellent - they even had a lighting jock. Smoking area is brilliant not to mention they have an outside bar a proper one . Go see,ten outa ten.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Did it open last night? I wanna see some pics.

Hope they aren't charging like 15 euro in. With Cloisters round the corner they'll keep it cheap hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Heading there myself tonight, heard its a tenner in this weekend anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 straightanswers

Tenner last night - they said it was ten tonight until 11.30 and 13 after .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

What nights is it open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Heard nothing but good reports from the lads which im delighted to hear,cant wait to get in there and suss it out for myself :D I was fearing that they would do as little as possible with the place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Did it open last night? I wanna see some pics.

Hope they aren't charging like 15 euro in. With Cloisters round the corner they'll keep it cheap hopefully.

Same family own the Cloister, Queens and Kearneys nightclub so don't hold your breath for price wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Same family own the Cloister, Queens and Kearneys nightclub so don't hold your breath for price wars.
    They still have competition from Brandons. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

The lyne's! Im afraid they own a lot more then just those places mentioned above but fair play to them for eventually plowing money into the queens :)

Yeah well I mean Cloister is free so why would anybody pay 15 quid for the privilage of having a dance floor.

But then I'm not a very enthusiastic about nightclubs so maybe I don't understand. :D

Looking forward to dropping by and checking it out anyway. Even though I never liked the Queens before it was interesting to go occasionally because you'd meet people you hadn't seen in ages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The people you meet there are the people who are home for the weekend and just go on about how great Dublin/London/Galway is and you wouldn't have talked to them anyway while remembering why you hadn't darkened the door of the place in a year.

Can't wait to go myself now

• Advertisement

seany2929 wrote: »
    The lyne's! Im afraid they own a lot more then just those places mentioned above but fair play to them for eventually plowing money into the queens :)
    They had no choice. It was either continuing the way it was and loosing customers. That place was a shambles right up until they closed it, 2/3rds of the lighting carousel was down, sound system had no no base, It was on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

It will still be the same shower of scumbags gracing the place with their presence. What an utter sh*thole!

You change change to decor but you can never change the clientele...at least not in Ennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

But we'll still have to go for a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

best club in Europe now according to some :) it will still be a kip with the same scumbags

ITs like an old black bicycle given a lick of paint, give it a few years and it will be back the same way as it was. :pac:

What's the music like? It'd be nice if they updated it a small bit. Whenever they played any dance selections in there in the last few years it seemed like they hadn't updated their CD's since 1997. Could have been the soundtrack to Ibiza Uncovered.

Rest of the time all they ever played was chart music with a liberal helping of Counting Crows, Bon Jovi and Cindy Lauper tunes you've heard so many times they make me want to throw up. But then.. lots of people like ridiculous levels of overfamiliarity when they're drunk. I find it obnoxious however drunk I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

It looks like a brothel and everything is way too open. Dance floor aint lowered anymore and security look like secret service. Its gone nice but a bit on the cheesy camp side of things.

It looks like a brothel and everything is way too open. Dance floor aint lowered anymore and security look like secret service. Its gone nice but a bit on the cheesy camp side of things.

Stuck my head into the Queens Nightclub for the first time, it had a rather impressive sound system but the lighting was bland and lacked coloured lasers, I could only find a Green fixed colour laser hitting off two mirror balls. :eek: The placewas too bright and I didn't like the idea of a carpet. (Must be difficult to maintain)

They had an impresssive Martin Atomic 3000W Strobe, the Magnum 2000W Smoke machine from the old club has dissapeared. (Not that it ever worked) :mad: As someone said earlier, the music has not changed since the late 90ies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

Stuck my head into the Queens Nightclub for the first time, it had a rather impressive sound system but the lighting was bland and lacked coloured lasers, I could only find a Green fixed colour laser hitting off two mirror balls. :eek: The placewas too bright and I didn't like the idea of a carpet. (Must be difficult to maintain)

They had an impresssive Martin Atomic 3000W Strobe, the Magnum 2000W Smoke machine from the old club has dissapeared. (Not that it ever worked) :mad: As someone said earlier, the music has not changed since the late 90ies.

Was in there Sat night for the first time too, I liked it especially the outdoor bar.
    Sound was good, I Think lasers are overrated anyway but i did like the led video walls.
    Interior design is always a matter of opinion but in fairness compared to what was there before its one hell of an improvement....the talent seemed to be better too, or maybe i had a vodka too many!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 family first

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    best club in Europe now according to some :) it will still be a kip with the same scumbags

Ya cant call everyone scumbags like.. it only the few every night that feel the need to ruin a good night out!

• Advertisement

asmobhosca wrote: »
    Interior design is always a matter of opinion but in fairness compared to what was there before its one hell of an improvement....the talent seemed to be better too, or maybe i had a vodka too many!!
    At the price of it I didnt drink too much there either :D

e5 for a bottle of Heinikin, Ill be drinking before I go out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

normally i avoid the queens like the plague but about a month ago a cousin was staying with me so we decided to give it a shot. i hadnt planned a night in the queens and happened to be wearing a hoodie... judge me if you like... but anyway. i paid my €13 and was going in the door when i was told that i wouldnt be let in with a hoodie one. so i paid them €2 to look after it. i got in the door and got a drink and suddenly realised that every second ****er in the place was wearing one. ive been in it three times since and while the decor is a great overhaul, the clientele is still the same people. long story short... the queens is the queens, always will be. as for it being one of the best in europe... i wont even dignify that with a response

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bourneready

normally i avoid the queens like the plague but about a month ago a cousin was staying with me so we decided to give it a shot. i hadnt planned a night in the queens and happened to be wearing a hoodie... judge me if you like... but anyway. i paid my €13 and was going in the door when i was told that i wouldnt be let in with a hoodie one. so i paid them €2 to look after it. i got in the door and got a drink and suddenly realised that every second ****er in the place was wearing one. ive been in it three times since and while the decor is a great overhaul, the clientele is still the same people. long story short... the queens is the queens, always will be. as for it being one of the best in europe... i wont even dignify that with a response

Queens new club is great and sound system is cool. Some staff a little slow in serving but that will come. Hoodies are back in fashion and although charged 2 euro everyone should put jackets bags etc into cloakroom. The 2 euro is insurance in case anything happens to it. If it gets nicked from the back of a seat they are not responsible, so use the cloakroom!

Queens is trying to bring back the crowd that have left Ennis for limerick with good Dj's. The admission is cheaper if you are in earlier.
    a few "heads" were there on my night - yahoo's and doorstaff removed 2 of them.
    Can you get VIP area reserved anywhere else. Same owners as cloisters as only in queens and the cloister you can reserve an area on a saturday night.

Hope it works out guys, best of luck.
    "Never second guess an operation from an armchair" - The Bourne Ultimatum

Queens new club is great and sound system is cool. Some staff a little slow in serving but that will come. Hoodies are back in fashion and although charged 2 euro everyone should put jackets bags etc into cloakroom. The 2 euro is insurance in case anything happens to it. If it gets nicked from the back of a seat they are not responsible, so use the cloakroom!

Queens is trying to bring back the crowd that have left Ennis for limerick with good Dj's. The admission is cheaper if you are in earlier.
    a few "heads" were there on my night - yahoo's and doorstaff removed 2 of them.
    Can you get VIP area reserved anywhere else. Same owners as cloisters as only in queens and the cloister you can reserve an area on a saturday night.

Hope it works out guys, best of luck.
    "Never second guess an operation from an armchair" - The Bourne Ultimatum

Good damage control there Lyons shill. Doesn't the VIP area table cost like 100 euro? For a table in Ennis! I laughed when I heard that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmel45

finbarrk wrote: »
    What nights is it open?
    thursday,friday,saturday and sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmel45

Hawk Wing wrote: »
    always a kip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

but its our kip and thats why it holds a special place in all our hearts.... hands up if you can smell the sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bourneready

Good damage control there Lyons shill. Doesn't the VIP area table cost like 100 euro? For a table in Ennis! I laughed when I heard that.

I think its 80 or 90 quid. a bit rough for Ennis alright! Don't know if anything included though.
    Reserved an area in The Music factory in wexford for 120 euro got 6 of us in included a bottle of JD and cokes. A box suspended from the ceiling. Class great spot. 3 different dj's in three different rooms. Dance, 80's/90's, Rave.
    http://www.themusicfactory.ie/

I think its 80 or 90 quid. a bit rough for Ennis alright! Don't know if anything included though.

You get a bottle of vodka with the table I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

You get a bottle of vodka with the table I think.

You would want to be able bring the table home with you at those prices :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

was in cruises last time and got into the queens for 10Euro via the alley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

romah wrote: »
    You would want to be able bring the table home with you at those prices :)

Looked at the offer on facebook, I actually dont think its that bad, for 100 quid, you get 4 admissions (@12 euro a head thats 48 quid straight away). So then its 52 quid for a bottle of vodka (finlandia or absolut i think so its not like its huzzar or some polish petrol brand) and all the mixers are included as well.

Thats only 25 quid a head, thats not outrageous in my book!!!
    you get similar deals in nightclubs in limerick/sligo/galway etc.
    Not something for every weekend but if it was a birthday or something then i'd do it.

Advertisement