Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting outside oil burner

Options
  • 02-05-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My oil burner has started to rust and I would like to get it treated before it get's too bad. Can anyone recommend what paint or product to use that will withstand the heat from the burner? I was considering something like Hammerite but I don't know if that is heat resistant in any way.

photo-1.jpg

Thanks,
    Richard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

I have the same problem and I am going to use Hammerite when I get round to it. Temperature shouldn't be a problem but I need to check if Hammerite needs a primer for galvanized metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I got a friend of mine barbeque and stove spray paint by humbrol. Its black and sprays on. The advantage being it high temp in case. You dont use a primer just multiple coats.

I dont know about hammerite. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

any chance of a beter picture celt its hard to see the boiler with that one :p

I wouldnt say hammerite would be suitible but the bbq paint would definately do it.

Advertisement