Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smartpaddy.ie

Options
  • 02-05-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else been having their orders with smartpaddy.ie ignored? I put one through a few months ago now at this stage, never heard anything and hadnt printed off the confirmation/received an email so I put my order through again. That was a few weeks ago and I again havent heard anything and there has been no charges to my credit card.

Must ring them on Tuesday to see what the story is, anyone else having similar experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 hubabuba

Tails142 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been having their orders with smartpaddy.ie ignored? I put one through a few months ago now at this stage, never heard anything and hadnt printed off the confirmation/received an email so I put my order through again. That was a few weeks ago and I again havent heard anything and there has been no charges to my credit card.

Must ring them on Tuesday to see what the story is, anyone else having similar experiences?

yeah, did the same thing,

used them fairly reguraly without any issue, delievery usually took 2 - 3 days.

put through an order, about 2 weeks went by and didnt recieve the order
    so checked my credit card and saw noting was taken out so though i must have made a mistake and the order never went through.

so made the same order again, 3 days later checked my credit card and
    saw that both orders had now been charged for. I recieved the second
    order a few days later as per normal but no sign of the first order still.

contacted smart paddy and they said they would investigate. kept
    sending them emails as coulnt not contact them by phone, yer wan replying kept saying they would 'sorted it out' . Got to the point where they just stopped replying to my mails and ignored me.

so i let it go and have never ordered off them again.
    very poor customer service, sounded like a a very basic/amature operation from the contact i have with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ditto to that, ordered 4 items, no sign for few days, emailed to be told one item was out of stock but would be in in 3 days. they then decieded without asking to charge me for 3 items with p and p and deleted the other from my order. Not happy with that, they should have checked first as their p and p is not the cheapest. also some products were last years stock (durex box design has changed)
    Find boots offers as good nowadays

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

dessiemat wrote: »
    hmm.... Never had a problem with their service. Anyway, are they not trading under smartcondms.ie now?

I hadn't heard that. smartcondoms.ie don't have a big a range of products on their site though :(. I placed an order just before xmas with smartpaddy, and nothing ever happened with it, my card was never debited either though, so I just left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Anyone tried the other site?

How do the EXS ones feel? Tried Billy Boy ones before and they didn't fit properly and felt weird.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Beau wrote: »
    How do the EXS ones feel? Tried Billy Boy ones before and they didn't fit properly and felt weird.

Might wanna try the Sex & Sexuality Forum with that question - responses might get a bit too blue for Consumer Issues ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

ha ok, just looking for general comments not to much detail! I can't access that forum so if somebody could PM me a response i'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 I like turtles

They're fine, I've used the rugged dotted ones, nice smiley face foil aswell which made the missus laugh! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smartpaddy1

Hi there,
    Smartpaddy.ie is still operating under the same name www.smartpaddy.ie and NOT smartcondoms.ie (new site - we welcome competition).

We like to keep up to date with our website reviews and we sincerely value the opinion of boards.ie members. We are sorry and very surprised to see that we have been getting some negative comments. We pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and this is why we are still as busy as ever after a very sucessfull 5 years in business as Ireland's No. 1 condom store. Our thousands of loyal customers are truely valued and will, we hope vouch for the fact that we keep prices low and quality & service high (no major change in prices for 5 years except reducing prices when VAT rate fell from 21% to 13.5%, we can't say the same for other retailers). So, if you cannot reach us on our direct phone number please note my mobile number on our answering machine and give me a call. I will be more than happy to speak with you personally and resolve any issues you might have.

Please note that at times, outside of our control some orders are declined because when the order is placed we receive the incorrect billing information (maybe an incorrect digit on your card).

Yours sincerely & kind regards, AL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 larry_b00

Does it feel like theres never the stock you want?? anyone agree???:confused:
    This is the 2nd time its happened, but "TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK" seems to be the norm on alot of the stock.:(
    As for the customer services I sent an email inqiuring about stock/restock about 3 days ago and still no reply:mad:
    Its sad because its a really great/handy site:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Having great hassle with this crowd at the moment, which is disappointing as I have been a happy smartpaddy customer in the past. I made an order back in September and my credit card was promptly charged but never received the items. Spent two weeks emailing and trying to ring them with no success. Finally got through last week and spoke to a nice lady who told me that since my card was charged the package must have been shipped and it must be a problem with the post office. She couldn't tell me any of the posting details though as the system was down but she took my number and said she'd ring me back and in the mean time I should check with the post office as she was sure it had been sent. I rang the post office but as I suspected with no failure to deliver slip they told me there was nothing they could do without any more posting details. Waited for the call back from smartpaddy which never came so I've been ringing for the last week with no success. Apart from never using the website again what exactly can I do!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

have had similar problems with these guys..... ordered over two months ago and was charged to my card, weeks later i had yet to receive any goods, after numerous messages left and emails sent to them i had to get the credit card company to do a charge back.
    very disappointed as had used them before but they wont be business much longer (if they still are in business) with the customer service (non existent) they have.

Avoid at all costs!

chargeback your card as you never received your item and no resolution by the vendor, its their business to find the parcel for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Thanks, guess I'll have to get a charge back but wasn't sure if that was even possible.

Sad way for the company to end up. I remember they used to be recommended on the Ray Darcy show, sounds like they are only likely to feature on Joe Duffy now.

used them myself and found them so so, they cancelled part of my order wich was out of stock, sent the rest and of course never told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭OneForTheTeam

I just ordered stuff on Thursday, but so far my laser card has not been charged, I have used them in the past and they didnt charge me for over a month, has anyone used them lately are they still open?

I don't know what's going on with them. I've tried to order stuff from them twice since my post above. Both times my card was never debited, and any emails I sent them enquiring about my order have been ignored (needless to say I've never received the stuff I ordered either ;))

TBH, I'd be slow to try them again, there are plenty of other sites out there who have great customer service and they respond to your queries. Durex has a great site and their customer service is second to none. If you have access to the Sex and Sexuality forum, you should check it out. There's a couple of threads there where people recommend different shops and give their reviews on them.

Toots* wrote: »
    I don't know what's going on with them. I've tried to order stuff from them twice since my post above. Both times my card was never debited, and any emails I sent them enquiring about my order have been ignored (needless to say I've never received the stuff I ordered either ;))

TBH, I'd be slow to try them again, there are plenty of other sites out there who have great customer service and they respond to your queries. Durex has a great site and their customer service is second to none. If you have access to the Sex and Sexuality forum, you should check it out. There's a couple of threads there where people recommend different shops and give their reviews on them.

Hey, thanks for the reply, dont have access to that forum, I have used smartpaddy about 4 or 5 times now, and they used to be great, if they are out of businesses they really should let people know, they didnt have the condoms I was looking for they were sold out of alot them, so I ordered from http://www.smarthealth.ie/ and used "boards" as a discount code and got 10% off:D

So I will see how good that company is, I ordered a little toy from smartpaddy for my girlfriend so looks like she wont be getting that surprise:o

Anyone here that has used them in the last few weeks, just want to know if they are still opened?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Christ0pher

I placed an order two weeks ago and nothing. No confirmation, no contact whatsoever. Sent an email two days ago enquiring about my order. No response. This is the 2nd time I placed an order online with smartpaddy.ie - both times seem to be ignored.
    My advice - order elsewhere. This crowd deserve to go out of business if they can't fulfil orders online, or communicate with customers. I will be shopping elsewhere. Plenty of good online businesses out there that actually value their customers and have a proper ordering / fulfilment structure in place.

Advertisement