Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

putting dogs down

• 02-05-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I need to put my dogs down as they are getting to old and sick and i hate seeing them suffer, anyone know where to get it done and how much any other info would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Very sad. I had to do it just before Christmas and in Feb.

I used the vets in Carrick, Ger Clancy (cos I live nr Mooncoin). For the euthenasia and disposal he charged 90 euros.

I think its 50 if you don't need to disposal.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭boniver

My sympathies also. City Vets on Matties Hill in Waterford did my own dog after he got hit by a car a few years back. Very understanding and also offer cremation, at the time I think it was E80.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭recharge

Sorry to hear that. I had to get my dog put down a few years ago and used city vets on matties hill and as i can remember they charge you as per the weight of the dog. It determins how much of the injection they need to give. Cost us around euro80

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

shayp83 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    I need to put my dogs down as they are getting to old and sick and i hate seeing them suffer, anyone know where to get it done and how much any other info would be great thanks

I know this is a bit off the wall,but how about ringing one of the numerous vets working in and around Waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I know this is a bit off the wall,but how about ringing one of the numerous vets working in and around Waterford?

Maybe because he decided to ask people who have used various services to see what was best at what can be a very upsetting time for some people. Or maybe he came on looking for a flippant off hand remark will he got both so i guess he's covered.

OP city vets would be my suggestion i've never had to use them but i heard they are very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

ziedth wrote: »
    Maybe because he decided to ask people who have used various services to see what was best at what can be a very upsetting time for some people. Or maybe he came on looking for a flippant off hand remark will he got both so i guess he's covered.

OP city vets would be my suggestion i've never had to use them but i heard they are very helpful.

Yes you're right,he's sorted now.

I guess I must be the only one who finds it strange that someone with 'old' dogs knows nothing of local veterinary clinics and where you should go to get a dog put down.

Op,we always take our dogs to city vets on Matties hill and to date are very pleased with them.
    Give them a bell and I'm sure they will go over everything with you on the phone. 051-371155

Advertisement