Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advisors

Options
  • 02-05-2009 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone know a good mortage advisor that will give honest advice? I'm afraid that most brokers are just trying to grab any business and not concerned about how good their advice is due to lack of business. I want to re-mortgage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What do you want to know? Post the q's here or PM me if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Could recommend someone but perhaps you might be best talking to more than one and comparing the responses for honesty and competitiveness???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ferga_com

Declaration of interest - I am a broker and our business includes mortgages.

Before doing business with any mortgage broker, you should ask for a copy of their Terms of Business letter and ask them to show you the list of which lenders they do business with. There should be at least half a dozen. Avoid mortgage "brokers" who only deal with one or two lenders.

Once the broker recommends a particular lender, ask them to explain to you why that lender's rate and product is more suitable for you than the other lenders on their list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Debbiefarrell82

I went to a guy last week and although I felt the advice he gave me was good, he tried to push his life insurance products on us and we already have an excellent relationship with the girl that does all our Insurances and he wouldn't listen, even though the policy we had was both cheaper and better quality than the one he was pushing on us. So I immediatey thought this guy was just after the sale and not interested in giving me good honest advice. If anyone has a good experience with a Dublin or Meath Mortgage broker could you pass their number on please? Thanks a lot.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It might be an idea to ask the girl who does your insurance if she knows of anyone good. If she deals with life cover etc there's a good chance she's dealt with a few brokers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement