Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Property Segment

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Unfortunately Pat Kenny's interview style totally ruined what should have been a balanced, interrogative style of interview - his lack of knowledge and intuition lead to one person saying "I told you so" but with no meat to his argument and another guy not being asked more pertitant questions. Can't take anything from this interview. If anyone saw the LLS 125yrs of GAA show will know how bad the show is at doing in depth programmes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugatu

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Pat Kenny's interview style totally ruined what should have been a balanced, interrogative style of interview - his lack of knowledge and intuition lead to one person saying "I told you so" but with no meat to his argument and another guy not being asked more pertitant questions. Can't take anything from this interview. If anyone saw the LLS 125yrs of GAA show will know how bad the show is at doing in depth programmes.

Isn't he leaving the late late to do some form of political and current affairs programme. Oh dear!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

jetski wrote: »
    yea, contradicted yourself in what was a feeble comeback.
    :rolleyes: Now why doesn't that remark surprise me?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

yea, contradicted yourself in what was a feeble comeback.

now your just being really silly.

If you perceive it as a loss of bargaining power, which I don't, then saying that it will never come back assumes that once house prices level off this time, they will never drop again. Are you really suggesting that this is the crash to end all crashes and that there will never be another housing bubble? Of course you are, sure you inherited the wisdom of the ages when you bought your house.

You should learn the meaning of the word "if", as in "When I go into negative equity, I don't know if I will be able to sell my house".

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

im entitled to give out from time to time.... the chap had no responce to my point so decided hed be clever and mention i bought a house recently, which he does alot for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

im entitled to give out from time to time.... the chap had no responce to my point so decided hed be clever and mention i bought a house recently, which he does alot for some reason.

Is it not a valid point to say that many vendors, through their estate agents, are simply refusing to negotiate for less than what they think their house is worth, hence there is no real bargaining power?

Is it not valid to say that there can be a difference between official statisics and the reality on the ground (note also I didn't even call you up on the fact that we don't really have official statistics, as the ERSI/PTSB HPI is not official statistics)

Is it not a valid point to say that even if house prices stop falling and people start to buy again, there is still a massive supply of properties available?

Is it not a valid point to say that different circumstances will mean different bargaining strengths?

Is it not valid to say that it is better to get a cheaper house than it is to "get a bargain"?

Also, I might have mentioned your new house once or twice before but I don't think I refer to it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Jestki - the reality is this: house prices are tumbling. There is no stopping it. Economics at work. Supply/demand, etc. There WILL be other crashes. Once one occurs (as in Ireland) it will become cyclical. There is no avoiding it. The game is up. Full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

The format wasn't great maybe. Some great stats were touched on by Brawn but the format wasn't great to explore them. Difficult to work through all the stats - a prime time report with graphs and stats would be better.

Fair play to Brawn though he's got all the key stats.

Advertisement