Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds for Game Theory

Options
  • 02-05-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of someone who would be willing to give a UCD student grind (one or two) in Game theory before the exam on monday week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Jim didn't tell your class what's on the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Not that i know of. My brother was very sick there for last few weeks so i missed some lecturers near end of term.

I assumed he would have given a basic outline of the exam. Advice: Do-Not-Leave-Any-Answer-Blank. It doesn't matter how silly/wrong you believe the answer to be, because that class has a reputation for being a tragedy when it comes to grades. The bell curve is your friend, give him something to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

What's Game Theory? Sounds cool...

This gives a simple explanation of Game Theory, from an economics perspective. It's 'cool' if you like maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

This gives a simple explanation of Game Theory, from an economics perspective. It's 'cool' if you like maths.

Oh, that doesn't sound cool at all anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

I assumed he would have given a basic outline of the exam. Advice: Do-Not-Leave-Any-Answer-Blank. It doesn't matter how silly/wrong you believe the answer to be, because that class has a reputation for being a tragedy when it comes to grades. The bell curve is your friend, give him something to work with.

Excatly what Économiste Monétaire said....

Answer every single part to every question, even if you know its wrong,...

The grades are allocated along a distribution curve, the average grade in the module will usually be a C.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Thanks for the advice!! it look like me and the bell shape are going to become very good friends next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realism

studying for this at the moment.

Anyone else feeling screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

1) Nash Equilibrium
    2) Bargaining
    3) Extensive Form Games
    3) Stackleberg

So i've heard, doesn't seem too bad an exam, Stackleberg, nash and extensive form (backward induction is all there is really) are all fairly handy... bargaining is a bit broader.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realism

thanks man!

Advertisement