Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BrucePoker.com Live Tour: 15th May, The TF Royal Hotel, Castlebar

• 02-05-2009 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Bruce Poker Tour!!!
    10,000 Guaranteed!!!
    100 + 20 reg with one rebuy or topup for 50
    Fully Dealer Dealt
    10,000 starting stack, 15,000 for rebuy/topup
    25/30 minute Blinds
    The TF Royal Hotel, Castlebar
    Friday 15th May
    Reg @ 6:30pm, Start @ 8pm sharp
    Hot food served, cash games & S.T.T's provided
    1. Who is running the event: Bruce Poker.com

2. The purpose of the event: Commercial

3. Date and Location of event:
    The TF Royal Hotel, Castlebar on Friday May 15th

4. Registration and Start time of event:
    Reg @ 6:30pm, Start @ 8pm sharp

5. Any prerequisites: No

6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number: On the night or bought through any of the BruceBetting Shops nationwide, capped @ 200

7. Type of Tournament: Texas Holdem with
    one rebuy or topup

8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc: Entry is €100 + 20, rebuy / topup is €50

9. Cost of registration: €20

10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund: 100% entry fee payout, reg fee to cover dealers and costs

10a. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments: No

11. Any guaranteed prize pool:

12. Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels: 1 only until end of level 4

13. Starting Chips: 10,000

14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts: 15,000

15. Blind levels:
    50-100
    100-200
    150-300
    200-400
    --Dinner Break-- Change up '25' chips
    300-600
    400-800
    500-1000 ante 100
    800-1600 ante 100
    --Break--
    1000-2000 ante 200
    1500-3000 ante 300
    2000-4000 ante 400
    --Break-- Change up '100' chips
    3000-6000 ante 500
    4000-8000 ante 500
    5000-10000 ante 1000
    etc. as required and at the discretion of the tournament director

16. Blind timeframes: 25/30 minutes throughout

17. Places being paid: Decided on the night, approx. 10 - 15% of field

18. Are there going to be dealers? Professional dealers on all tables

19. Will there be a documented list of rules: Yes

20. Is there a tournament director? Yes – Paul Smallwood

21. How are disputes handled - who has final say? TD

22. Are there any cash games offered, if so, please outline the rake for each limit offered:
    • Cash games available throughout tournament.
    • All levels catered for from €1/€2 upwards
    • Rake @ 5 % to a max of €20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭BRUCEPOKER.COM

Just got some more details about the venue.

Room Rate
    The Hotel have given use a very competitive rate of €79 for 2 people which includes full Irish Breakfast.

The Room
    Heres the photo of the Hamilton Suite we will be playing in. Very professional with plenty of room.
    34gujw5.jpg

The Hotel hosts a poker game with around 60 players every Friday so we hope to see 200 runners at this event.

Next Monday the 11th of May BrucePoker.com will be running an online Freeroll with a ticket to the Live Tour Event in the Royal Hotel Castlebar worth €120.

This Freeroll will start at 8p.m. on Monday and registration will open online from early afternoon. It is open to anyone with a BrucePoker account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Looks good

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Looks good

I'll be there.

I would recommend this game to all the boyz in the west, the TF is the best venue in Mayo and with Brucey giving the guaranteed €10k it's sure to be a good game, and don't be scared about Len (Fatboydim) he is easy enough to get of a hand;), he's afraid of any two card's:eek:, only joking, Len good luck mate:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

I would recommend this game to all the boyz in the west, the TF is the best venue in Mayo and with Brucey giving the guaranteed €10k it's sure to be a good game, and don't be scared about Len (Fatboydim) he is easy enough to get of a hand;), he's afraid of any two card's:eek:, only joking, Len good luck mate:D

I'm afraid i have to disagree with you there. The TF is only average for their Friday night game. Poor organisation, no transparency whatsoever as regards the prize pool, poor chips and small tables. Having said that if it's Brucepoker themselves who are running the whole show, then i presume it will be run in a proper professional manner and i will probably play.

The Hamilton suite looks good, so don't let them shunt i you into a smaller room like they did with the CPT a few years ago. We were like sardines.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

Rockfish wrote: »
    I'm afraid i have to disagree with you there. The TF is only average for their Friday night game. Poor organisation, no transparency whatsoever as regards the prize pool, poor chips and small tables. Having said that if it's Brucepoker themselves who are running the whole show, then i presume it will be run in a proper professional manner and i will probably play.

The Hamilton suite looks good, so don't let them shunt i you into a smaller room like they did with the CPT a few years ago. We were like sardines.:mad:

Agree with you completly about not being tranparent, it only takes a click on computer for add ons etc, but BrucePoker will be run properly and tables, hoping to get 100+ See you at final table :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭The Poker Room

Paul,

I hope the players can expect some dinner time entertainment from you on that stage.

"I did it my way" or maybe some trampoline work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Heres the photo of the Hamilton Suite we will be playing in. Very professional with plenty of room.
    34gujw5.jpg

At first glance i thought this was a pinball machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

You say that you might play if its transparent, and because Bruce are running it, it obviously will be, so I presume you mean you wouldn't play in a non transparent game (which is understandable, may i say).

Then you go and state in the next paragraph that you play on the CPT. From reading your opening paragraph, I was of the opinion you didnt play non-transparent games?

From what I hear, Bruce run a very good transparent game. GL with this one, hope to play in one shortly.

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭byrner1

I have played in a couple of Brucepoker events most recently the pub final and have to say very professionally run and total transparency . Good luck with this event

• Advertisement

Room Rate
    The Hotel have already booked out and the sister hotel the have given use the same very competitive rate of €79 for 2 people which includes full Irish Breakfast.
    The sister Hotel is located just accross the road from the TF.

Heres a link to the site:
    http://www.dayshotelcastlebar.com/

connie147 wrote: »
    You say that you might play if its transparent, and because Bruce are running it, it obviously will be, so I presume you mean you wouldn't play in a non transparent game (which is understandable, may i say).

Then you go and state in the next paragraph that you play on the CPT. From reading your opening paragraph, I was of the opinion you didnt play non-transparent games?

From what I hear, Bruce run a very good transparent game. GL with this one, hope to play in one shortly.

Connie

I said that the weekly game in the TF isnt very transparent and that i PRESUMED brucepoker.com would be running it so i would expect a professionally run fully transparent tourney and hope to play in it. I was merely trying to ascertain whether the organisers of the weekly tourney would be involved. I'm sure they will be there to help with logistics etc and thats fine as Brucepoker will be in full control of the actual tournament.

Secondly i did not say that i play on the CPT. I mentioned one instance a few years when the CPT firstcame to Mao and they had been promised one of the bigger halls but were shunted into a small function room as there was a wrestling show on in the original venue. This was my first time playing a CPT event and i also played one more but have not played since for obvious reasons. As someone who is obviously a respected poster on here, i wish you would read my post properly before jumping in. I have absolutely no problem with brucepoker and as i say hope to make it to this tourney. Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Dont worry Rockfish.

This event is being run entirely by Bruce Poker.com and there is no way Paul will allow us to be shunted into a smaller room! (he can argue good :p)

The TF has great potential as a venue... But as Rockfish says the Friday night game can be a bit chaotic. We're not that used to good tournaments in Mayo :rolleyes:

Muscles and Carlo do an excellent job however in the events they run - and last years IPC Tour event in Kiltimagh was the best attended in the country. So I have high hopes for this event and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm sure Silky will be there [GUKPT Champ] as it's home turf. And others will travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

We're not that used to good tournaments in Mayo :rolleyes:.

Muscles and Carlo do an excellent job however in the events they run - and last years IPC Tour event in Kiltimagh was the best attended in the country.

With one hand he giveth, with the other he taketh away...:)

I hope to make it there myself.

Paul,

I hope the players can expect some dinner time entertainment from you on that stage.

"I did it my way" or maybe some trampoline work?

I look forward to this...:)

Muscles I was absolutely praising you.:D

Perhaps I should have said this side of Mayo.:rolleyes:

But all and any events run by Muscles and Carlo are well run, well attended and brilliant. Just to be clear :pac:

Muscles I was absolutely praising you.:D

Perhaps I should have said this side of Mayo.:rolleyes:

But all and any events run by Muscles and Carlo are well run, well attended and brilliant. Just to be clear :pac:

Cheque is in the post.

Dont Forget the Freeroll with 2 tickets for this event is on tonight at 8p.m. on BrucePoker.com. All you need is a BrucePoker Account to have a chance of winning one of the tickets.

Dont Forget the Freeroll with 2 tickets for this event is on tonight at 8p.m. on BrucePoker.com. All you need is a BrucePoker Account to have a chance of winning one of the tickets.

Can't find this anywhere in the lobby??:confused:

• Advertisement

Can't find this anywhere in the lobby??:confused:

That problem has been fixed now and the tournament is accepting registration.
    Thanks for the feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭cool007

47 left outta 150players
    anyone still in

cool007 wrote: »
    47 left outta 150players
    anyone still in

just about :o

just about :o

BLAAAAA, just gone, my AQ v AA, a well thats poker :o:D

Just to let everyone know we have a bounty on Nicky Powers head at this event of E250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

LOL : POORME1000 has bubbled every 1 of these since they started. . Does any1 know the 2 winners

bump bump :D

Also any dealers in the western side of the world (or just willing to travel), please see thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055559039

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

how many runners would you b expecting

TF had 5k guarantee about 3 weeks ago and got about 120 runners, and had to turn people away, not enough tables, that was E45 re-buy and top-up, so I think it should get about 180-200, would be very suprised if got fewer.

• Advertisement

bump

the_pits wrote: »
    TF had 5k guarantee about 3 weeks ago and got about 120 runners, and had to turn people away, not enough tables, that was E45 re-buy and top-up, so I think it should get about 180-200, would be very suprised if got fewer.

Unfortunately, that was such a shambles of a tournament, it might affect numbers for tomorrow night. Hopefully not, but i have heard a lot of complaints about the that TF game. I know it's a completely different organiser tomorrow but mud sticks as they say. Anyway i'll be there.

Maybe BrucePoker can show them how to run tournaments, but would'nt put money on them taking it on board, :mad:

the_pits wrote: »
    Maybe BrucePoker can show them how to run tournaments, but would'nt put money on them taking it on board, :mad:

Those who can, teach! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

What is the standard like in mayo?

big_iain wrote: »
    What is the standard like in mayo?

Well the hotel run their own weekly game with about 50-60 runners so I would presume they mostly have to know their stuff.

Should be a good night either way! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Did you get sorted with dealers ???

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Did you get sorted with dealers ???

Hey Damo,

We got a few more dealers but if you know anyone interested we could (hopefully) do with the extra hands.

If anyone reading this is interested just pm me for details

gonna be in attendance. I will be looking for people for my new Tuesday interview slot. Len you listening.

No problem Iain. But GUKPT CHamp Martin Silke will be there and I think Nicky is attending too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

anyone from galway going len do u know

• Advertisement

Well the hotel run their own weekly game with about 50-60 runners so I would presume they mostly have to know their stuff.

Should be a good night either way! :)

Standard is very mixed. A few very good players but a load of loonies in that game also. Lots of messing, looking at other players cards, pulling cards out of the muck etc but a sound bunch of lads generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

how many numbers did this get??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭tenbob1

smurph wrote: »
    how many numbers did this get??

Here are the results from last nights game in the T.F. Royal Hotel, Castlebar.

Started just after 8 with 84 runners.

With rebuys and topups total prize money was €12,150.

The actual payout is scattered as I think at least 3 deals were made but here it is!:

The first agreement was to take €200 off the top to pay the bubble as we were 11 handed for a long time.
    Then once we hit final table all players agreed to take €1000 each and play for the remaining €1950.
    And finally, 3 handed a chop was done giving first €1950 and second and third €1500 each.

1st. €4000 €3800 €2950 €1950 - Seamus Quinn

2nd. €2500 €1000 €1500 - Kevin Murphy

3rd. €1700 €1000 €1500 - Liam Rice

4th. €1300 €1000 - Paudie Kelly

5th. €900 €1000 - Bennie Jennings

6th. €600 €1000 - Pauraic O'Connell

7th. €400 €1000 - Brendan Murphy

8th. €300 €1000 - Barry Campbell

9th. €250 €1000 - Ed Campion

10th. €200 €1000 - Vivian Browne

11th. €0 €200 - Eugene Corley

We would like to thank all players on the night and look forward to our next game in the West!
    Well done to all players who cashed and we hope to see you all in our game next in The Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dundalk on Friday 22nd

this is the second chop like this this week. very cool.

Well done to those who made it

Some top class Irish players in the field last night. Keith Mcfadden, Tony Rafter, Nicky Power, FatBoyDim, Martin Silke, to name but a few. Brucepoker seems to get the players in wherever they are.

A great set up. My only complaint would be that the poker clock could be better - But in fairness I didn't need it after the break as I made a stupid move due to general card famine. :rolleyes:

Would recommend and hopefully the next visit to Mayo will get an even bigger turn out.

Well done all at Bruce Poker.

And nice to see Bendy get a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

nice to see no greed at final table and everyone getting 1k at least .sign of the times i suppose but good sign i think myself .

Advertisement