Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGBT Rights and European Elections

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Otaku Girl wrote: »
    Labour the Greens and Sinn Fein will be getting my vote. Very interesting,thanks for this.

Wonder did they care about gay rights when they were killing innocent people?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Sinn fein has be very active in promoting LGBT rights in the north. Though I wonder if it has more to do with getting one over the unionists.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

dan719 wrote: »
    Wonder did they care about gay rights when they were killing innocent people?:rolleyes:
    And that's the reason I could never vote for them, regardless of their stance on gay rights.

Labour will probably get it for me for MEP, although I'm far from convinced regarding their economic policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Joe Higgins ftw.

If for nothing else but to oust Eoin Ryan and Mary Lou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭jady88

Marshy wrote: »
    But you never answered the question put to you...what would you have them do that's realistically achievable?

I think it would have been realistic to enact a civil partnership bill in the years since they entered government. I fit was refused I think they should have pulled out of government, FF are heading into the shi@@er anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I may vote Eoin Ryan just to be sure Mary Lou doesn't get it. What I really what is a right wing candidate who has liberal social policies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Ryan sits with the liberal group in the European Parliament, for what that's worth.

jady88 wrote: »
    I think it would have been realistic to enact a civil partnership bill in the years since they entered government. I fit was refused I think they should have pulled out of government, FF are heading into the shi@@er anyway.
    The reason it's on the table is largely because of them. They didn't go into government to have all their policies implemented at once, just a select few over time. They'd be pulling out of government every other week if they tried to get everything they wanted. Its a question of being realistic.
    Boston wrote: »
    What I really what is a right wing candidate who has liberal social policies.
    Yeah true.

Caroline Simons ftw. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Civil parterships are no more 'on the table' now than when michael mcdowell first started talking about introducing them in the last government.

The reason it's on the table is largely because of them. They didn't go into government to have all their policies implemented at once, just a select few over time. They'd be pulling out of government every other week if they tried to get everything they wanted. Its a question of being realistic.

Thats bull it has been on the table since long before the Greens wimpered into government although the PD's did nothing about it either it hasn't advanced an inch since then. No I didn't suggest pulling out over every policy but to me a commiment to equal or at least more equal rights is a more than important enough to draw the line

Caroline Simons ftw. ;)

is that a serious comment? Have you read her little leaflet?

• Advertisement

Civil parterships are no more 'on the table' now than when michael mcdowell first started talking about introducing them in the last government.
    jady88 wrote: »
    Thats bull it has been on the table since long before the Greens wimpered into government although the PD's did nothing about it either it hasn't advanced an inch since then. No I didn't suggest pulling out over every policy but to me a commiment to equal or at least more equal rights is a more than important enough to draw the line?
    Well of course the idea had been had been talked of before but it was only last year the heads of Bill were published, which is obviously some progress. I as much as anyone will accept that the government have arsed around in getting the legislation brought through but that's down to the conservative faction within FF.

is that a serious comment? Have you read her little leaflet?
    No, I was being facetious. Her leaflet is hilarious.

I'm considering giving her a pity vote because of it.

Her and that entire party are beneath pity.

Advertisement