Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you didn't like that you like now

Options
  • 02-05-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

When I was younger I didn't like my lip freckle at all, and wanted to get rid of it. But then girls started telling me they thought it was cute, so it became something I really like. :cool: I was just curious if many other people had the same experience of disliking a bodypart or feature, but after growing into themselves a bit had a change of heart?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

When I was 4 I didn't like girls at all, I thought they were horrible and had something similar to the American's cooties but we had our own name for it that escape's me now.

Now I like girls, but I now also Know that they have cooties, or cooters whichever!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

I grew up hating my dimples but now i love them and always get compliments on my dimples when i smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i never liked blue chease till i had it with red oinion jam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

my nose i broke it ... hated it growing up , esp in school .. damn teens can be mean!.. now i've come to accept it and it doesnt bother me anymore.

and my hair colour, which the sad thing is now darking a bit, and i miss it that way it use to be so ginger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I hated my curly hair, now I like it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Cucumber, until I tried tzatziki.

My moles, until I saw a girl on the bus one day who had drawn moles on, and I realised my beauty spots were interesting, and not taking over my face.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have a lip freckle too. Never thought much about it, but my boyfriend really likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Always thought my boobz were too small- apparently they're not! :p

And my glasses, the fact that I'm quite short- I used to hate these things about myself when I was younger, now I like them!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I was never happy with my figure until I hit my mid-twenties. I thought I was too boyish and flat chested.

Now I think of myself as athletic, and I see the advantages of my body type - I don't gain weight easily and most clothes look good on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

sillyputty wrote: »
    I grew up hating my dimples but now i love them and always get compliments on my dimples when i smile.

I really hated my dimples when I was younger, they'd give me away all the time whenever I was trying to look serious. They still do on the rare occasions I play poker, the dimples sink in, even if I'm not smiling. I like them now, mainly because others seem to think they're nice.

I wasn't always pleased about my stature (just under 6ft), but over the years I've grown to like it a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Hated my eyes when I was a kid, as in DESPISED them, such a strange thing for a child to hate. :p

Also used to be really insecure about my height but fine about it now.

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Cucumber, until I tried tzatziki.

My moles, until I saw a girl on the bus one day who had drawn moles on, and I realised my beauty spots were interesting, and not taking over my face.

A tip grate your cue cumber then place into a tea towl and make a ball squeaze it all the juices out :) stops it going of quicker and it so nice in cuman lamb burgers......... drewls......

EDited becauce i just woke up and my brain isnt up to functioning speed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I used to hate how tall I was until I reached the age of 17 or so. I'm not that tall, just under 5"10". But I was about 5'8" by the age of 12! I was such a tall kid! But now I like it. Extra weight doesn't really show up on me easily, and I don't have to wear heels, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i thought my lips weren't big enough, my skin too freckley, my nose too short and spongy, my eyes too round and my forehead was awfully big. i really hated the way i looked, i had very bad self esteem. i eventually realised some of those were good things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

I used to hate my red hair and my upturned nose but I love them now. I think I'd look really odd with a different hair colour or a nose job.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I hated my hair colour when I was younger, and always wanted to dye it black because I preferred dark hair. Now I realise that I'm so pale I'd look like a 14 year old emo if I went any colour other than my natural blonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

used to really hate my ginger head, so i dyed it black, brown etc.. really love my ginger hair now tho!! also hated my boobs they were massive! but i like'm now :D and thankfully my loverly boyfriend loves both of those!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Cycalogic

Mustard. I would refuse to eat anything it was on, but now... its growing on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Sushi.

And My teeth.

I always thought I'd hate Sushi. Certainly I hated the concept of it.

Then I had to go to a sushi restaurant with work once, and had to eat it.

And I LOVED it!!!

Now I'll eat it whenever I get the chance!!

As for my teeth, well, they were awful when I was a kid, like seriously AWFUL, I got such a time in school:o. BEGGED for braces, and was a metal mouth all thru my early teens as a result.

They worked wonders in terms of straightening them, though apparently they would have been nicer had I worn my head gear more, oh well:rolleyes:, but obviously, my teeth were/are large(:o) as well as being prominent, and no amount of braces could do anything about that. Used to bother me, but I see so many people about the place with horrible little small crooked teeth and dodgy smiles, and you know, it makes me grateful for what I have.

I would like to have them veneered though....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I have this 'thing' on my lower back (and no I'm not posting pics lol) that for all the world resembles a belly button, just on my back instead of my front (I do have a real belly button on the front obviously!). I thought everyone had one and wondered why boyfriends were always so fascinated with it.

It was only when I was getting changed with my sister that she noticed it and shrieked... :eek: When it turned out that everyone didn't have one I was appalled and wouldn't let anyone see it for ages (my sister was practically charging admission by that point). Now I think it's kinda cute though :o My sis calls it my bumbutton. Har har.

• Advertisement

Sushi.

I always thought I'd hate Sushi. Certainly I hated the concept of it.

Then I had to go to a sushi restaurant with work once, and had to eat it.

And I LOVED it!!!

Now I'll eat it whenever I get the chance!!

:cool: I like sushi a lot I like saki to ohhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

tho mns aint the best its a good tribute to it mmmmmmmmmmmm raw tuna i want i want i want :(....

Ive got a real graving for it now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Cycalogic wrote: »
    Mustard. I would refuse to eat anything it was on, but now... its growing on me.

You've got mustard growing on you? Might want to get that checked out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

I used to be uncomfortable with the bod until I realised that curvy can be as nice as skinny.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

pow wow wrote: »
    I have this 'thing' on my lower back.

Cool!!! Your a clone???:D

I used to hate taking showers after PE in Primary School, Now I like to!:pac::pac::pac:

OK, where did I leave my coat???

but really, I used to totally hate myself, not I am content with who I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Used to hate pretty much everything about myself. Thought my forehead was too big, my teeth too big, my butt too big.. but I grew into all of those (though my butt is still big, but not in a bad way ;)). I grew into my forehead and my big teeth turned into an absolutely lovely smile that I've really grown to love.

Hated my hair for ages, always wore it up in a tight ponytail, I thought it was too damn thin and pin straight to do anything with. Now it's somehow got thicker and slightly wavy if I let it dry naturally and I wear it down pretty much all the time when out.

Still hate my voice though.. sigh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Nuts, it's a relatively humorous story. Hated them but when i was in france and spent all my cash for the month on a whopper session all that was left in my apartment was dry roasted peanuts left over from the party. Lived on them for a few days, not too bad the 2nd day then by the 3rd was punching myself for not liking them earlier.

Used to hate my ears when I was younger, heart em now cos I've changed em somewhat by stretching my lobes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Will wrote: »
    Nuts, it's a relatively humorous story. Hated them but when i was in france and spent all my cash for the month on a whopper session...

I thought that was going to be a different kind of humorous story...! :eek:

I used to have a dark freckle right in the centre of my right cheek, kinda like a beauty spot, and I'm quite sallow so it made me look very continental! I always hated it though and got it removed when I was about fifteen. I've felt like half a woman ever since :(:D

I've also pretty much always had big boobs up until recently, after losing weight, and now I'm scowling myself for ever having complained about them. Want my boobs back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Used to hate my nose and my freckles. Now I've come to appreciate my nose. I wouldn't say I like my freckles, but I don't think they're terribly disfiguring, as I did when I was 13. Let me put it this way - I would never undergo a procedure to remove my freckles. That's about as close to love as I'm going to get with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I remembered yesterday that I didn't like my ass for ages, thought it was too big and that lad's asses were supposed to be flat. Apparently not....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

My hair because it's ginger with really odd highlights (all natural) but used to attract all sorts of irritating questions about who my hairdresser wast blah blah blah. I never knew 10 year olds got highlights!

And my name. Well my full name I hated it. I have a double first name and the second part was subject to really stupid jokes when I was very small. Now I actually prefer it to my first one and it's even nicer in irish so I want to change the whole thing to irish now.

Advertisement