Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you didn't like that you like now

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

My bird. Used to not like her too much. Now she's alright I suppose. Funny how people grow on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

My boobs -
    everyone used to notice them when I was younger and it made me really self-conscious, because I had the body of a woman in her 20's when I was 15.

Now, everyone still notices them! but whatever, it's all good!

I think you just learn to love yourself and become more confident once you get a bit older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

And my name. Well my full name I hated it. I have a double first name and the second part was subject to really stupid jokes when I was very small. Now I actually prefer it to my first one and it's even nicer in irish so I want to change the whole thing to irish now.

same Ive got to of the most anoying names you could ever imagine tho

but now adays I love im :D:):cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

My hair, everyone seems to love it but growing up I hated it, I would have killed for straight hair, now I like it...:).
    My teeth, as a kid I thought they were way too big for my mouth, now I've grown into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Your hair is awesome Ginny :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

Yeah Ginny I always wanted straight hair but I also wanted it to be black. I still can't really do much with it but it just seems to work better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

my name,i hated it because it made me stand out now i like it for the same reason,i always get compliments on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Magic8

I hated my dark colouring when I was younger, everyone thought I was Spanish or Indian, also my hair is poker straight and all I wanted was to be blonde and curly-haired. I love my colouring now and I think I'd look horrible if I was blonde.

Used to hate my bewbs when they started to appear too. Well, not hated them but was very conscious of them because nobody else my age had 'em really. I got used to them quick enough though :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

i used to hate my big scar that is across my forehead and even contimplated having plasitic surgery but now i don't mind it and even show it off to people. i did resent it as it was the reason i always had to have a fringe. oh and my OH has lip freckles and they are soo cute:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kadie

I Used to hate My Curly hair, My large Roman Nose, and My Teeth.
    :/ Still cant stand my teeth but I dont mind them as much as I used too really
    OH and I now Love my Arms. Kinda Odd but they used to be Skinny looking.:eek: :p They're grand now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I never used to see the attraction of older men...

Now I do

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

It's funny... almost everything that I disliked about myself in the past has changed/disappeared. I guess I didn't go through the phase of coming around to liking those features in the first place; I simply didn't end up having to. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Like Roz i hated my eyes, they were too big and took over my face, like them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I used to hate my hands. My fingers especially. I bit my nails for years so my fingers looked really stubby and sausagey then I stopped and grew my nails long and now I quite like them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

Dragan wrote: »
    Me.

:D

i like me too now, most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

My height. I was always taller than everyone, now at 20 I have embraced it very well. I can wear so many wonderful dresses etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Vinta81 wrote: »
    My height. I was always taller than everyone, now at 20 I have embraced it very well. I can wear so many wonderful dresses etc...

Yeah, me too! I'm currently embracing my tallness and showing off my long legs! The air is much fresher up here too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Quality wrote: »
    I never used to see the attraction of older men...

Now I do

I feel the same - up until a few months ago, I insisted I'd never go for a guy more than a few years older.

Changed my mind now!

Older guys ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

brussel sprouts
    red wine & guinness
    piece & quiet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭zoey

sillyputty wrote: »
    I grew up hating my dimples but now i love them and always get compliments on my dimples when i smile.

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I hated my curly hair. Oh God the tantrums I threw at bathtime. I'd find anywhere to hide so I wouldn't have to be detangled. Got my hair chopped off when i was 6 and looked like a boy. Now I like my hair, it's maneagable and as long as I wash it every day or two it keeps tangles under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Like a few others always hated being tall! its so awful in your early teens being a foot taller than all the boys! They've all far outgrown me now though...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 RageBeat

My glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Cucumber.

Advertisement