Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carl Cox Last Nite

• 02-05-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Fcuk me what a disaster, im not talking about the actual music or that it's all beforehand.

I met some female friends i used to go raving with years ago for a meal and some drinks, 1 or 2 of them hadn't been out clubbing in years and had purchased tickets in advance for this, i refuse to pay big money into clubs on principle (despite Coxy being my fav DJ) but the girls wanted me to go so even said they were gonna pay for me so i thought fcuk it why not.

We arrived to Tripod at 11.30 to be met with an absolutely massive queue,the biggest ive seen in a long time actually, i said to the girls fcuk this im not into queuing to get into some club and ive seen Cox many times so im not fussed, as we stood there a fight broke out, there was LOADS of scumbags milling around selling everything from dodgy charlie and yokes to bogey tickets,then another fight broke out after someone was refused entry, your man was about 19 and threw a punch at the bouncer, the fight then spread then a few people were involved, the cops arrived an arrested them,then someone started smashing pint glasses and yet another row broke out, we couldn't believe what we were seeing, ive not seen anything like this at a club nite ever in all the years ive been going, there was just general chaos and disorder everywhere, people with tickets were getting refused for whatever reason i don't know (maybe they had no ID, the crowd looked 95% to be late teens/early 20's)

The girls were absolutely disgusted (as was i) at this shocking behavior,one of them who hadn't been out to a proper club nite in years said if this is the state of the dance scene thesedays i want no part of it, even worse tickets were actually being sold for €70 i kid you not :eek: that is outrageous, some Spanish bird tried to sell us 3 tickets for €200:eek: i told her she could go an fcuk herself an stick her tickets i wouldn't pay a fiver into that farce, the girls sold their tickets (for face value) as they were disgusted at what they were seeing, the kids who bought them looked about 16, i said to one of them "you must be a big Carl Cox fan then mate eh" your man said "oh no man ive never heard of him im just going cos me mates are going an i wanna get mad outta it" :eek::rolleyes: jesus wept.

Thankfully the nite was saved after i got a few free passes for Hype in the POD, we went in and had a top nite, the music is absolute quality, a superb mix of funky/chicago/filtered/jazzy/soulful house music and a really nice crowd with no scumbags, much respect to the promoters for putting on a top nite and all for free too.

Anyway serious questions need to be asked about these type of nites, Carl Cox is still my fav DJ and it's hardly anything to do with him what happens outside but it's clear that a club like Tripod is not equipped to deal with a nite like this anymore, Carl Cox is simply too big for a club like Tripod, jaysus i thought it was bad when i seen him in the Ormond in 97 but this was pure bedlam,what was more disturbing though was the amount of knackers there outside trying to get in and all the fights, i never recall a Carl Cox nite attracting so many undesirables, i also heard that the bouncers were being absolute cun*s as well (as per the previous thread about this nite) thankfully we didn't encounter any hassle)when we were leaving the POD at 3.15am we seen an ambulance outside and someone on a stretcher,absolutely shocking.

Was anyone else from here there last nite and did you see any of this madness outside, something like this seriously needs to be addressed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I had a felling something like this would happen! His name is to well known which will always attract scum who love there 'Techno' and 'Dance' music. It's a pity I suppose that is the crowd you attract when you advertise mainly on bebo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

It is shocking alright, I've seen Cox play in Dublin about 6/7 times and something like this has never happened, the girls i was with were disgusted at what they witnessed and rightfully so.

Tripod is simply not big enough for a massive DJ like Cox although as long as they are making mega €€€€€ im sure they couldn't care less....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That's crazy. I do like Carl Cox but was not bothered about going as I just don't really like Tripod as a venue. I used to absolutely LOVE the redbox but I thought it got worse every time they refurbished it. They cram people in like sardines - the bar, toilet and coat queue situations are terrible.

Anyone who how the gig was in the end musicly etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I'll probably never go back to Tripod after going to see Dave Clarke about 2 years ago there after Xmas, it was a disaster, queueing in the pouring rain for nearly 30mins, even though we already had booked tickets in advance.
    When I enquired with the bouncer why we were queuing even though we had advance tickets, he was v.rude aswell.... we got inside to be told that the cloakroom was full, at 11.30/12pm... it was great fun dragging around heavy, wet winter coats with us for the night :)

Queues were crazy for drinks, saw 2 girls passed out in the toilets over the course of the night... and the crowd was rough as hell, pushing like crazy, even though we we're near enough to the back of the venue. Oh and to top it all off, I got given out to by the bouncers for going up the stairs in the wrong direction.... it was a one way system...
    I've been in loadsa nights in clubs all over dublin and the world, but this was by far the worst night of my life, never again! Much prefer the pod, it's a great spot, usually a pretty sound crowd too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

haha the irony of johnny talking of 'undesirables'.

oh and btw, your post implying that these events are somehow the sole fault of the club are actually fairly libellous. so I'd watch your mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Last time I was in Tripod was this time last year @ Sven Vath. I hadn't seen such a collection of scum in a long time. Left early, will not be back.

ffs, it's carl cox. if you're surprised there were knackers there, you seriously live in a parallel universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

i was there last night had a great night.. got there for half ten was in by 11 if people have a problem with queing like me then go in early and stop ****ing moaning about it.. we all now tripod is a joke to get into on a sold out nights.. op's post was waiting to have a dig at it goin on about been offered 3 tickets for 200 an you tell the girl to go **** herself? yeah thats real cassy she was seeing what stupid bastards would buy them no harm in that... and as for been offered bogey yokes and charles go to any ****ing dance club in dublin and you'll get the same.. your on here sayin how great club nights are in england.. you should move over there then!

madma wrote: »
    i was there last night had a great night.. got there for half ten was in by 11 if people have a problem with queing like me then go in early and stop ****ing moaning about it.. we all now tripod is a joke to get into on a sold out nights.. op's post was waiting to have a dig at it goin on about been offered 3 tickets for 200 an you tell the girl to go **** herself? yeah thats real cassy she was seeing what stupid bastards would buy them no harm in that... and as for been offered bogey yokes and charles go to any ****ing dance club in dublin and you'll get the same.. your on here sayin how great club nights are in england.. you should move over there then!

+1

I could maybe understand someone being dissappointed if they bought a ticket and then had a nightmare at a gig they were really looking forward to, but as is evident from the OP, johnny

a)did not have a ticket
    b) was not willing to pay for a ticket himself
    c) was not too fussed on going

So therefore, his 'outrage' isn't really justified.

how pathetic is this post, so what are you trying to say that i should've just politely said "oh no thanks" to some cu*t tout selling 3 tickets for €200:rolleyes: what about the fights,people getting refused,etc,etc are you trying to justify that?

I've never seen such behavior outside a club before.

an were i move to is nothing to fcuking to do with you either.

• Advertisement

jonny68 wrote: »
    how pathetic is this post
    not pathetic at all
    , so what are you trying to say that i should've just politely said "oh no thanks" to some cu*t tout selling 3 tickets for €200
    precisely

:rolleyes: what about the fights,people getting refused,etc,etc are you trying to justify that?
    how can a club stop knackers fighting in the queue?

I've never seen such behavior outside a club before.
    doubt it
    an were i move to is nothing to fcuking to do with you either.
    then STOP FÚCKING TELLING US ABOUT IT!!!!!!

Even though i have this poster on ignore ive been informed that jsuited is yet again trolling on my posts so i have again reported this to a moderator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

I dont think his post are trolling he's actually just backing me rather than your comments....
    if you post negative comments you hould be prepared to take stick!
    your experience of the night doesnt sum up everybodys im sure plenty had a great night there...
    the reality is tripod cant handle sold out gigs and i think the biggest problem is the exits to the rooms/toilets /cloakroom there way to narrow and you get squashed/pushing when going through
    the one thing i will say about last night is when i gotout at hlf 3 there was madness outside a firebrigade a few amblances and gardai moving people on so something serious happpend as i saw the strecthers going in... but that can happen and has happened in lot of other clubs..

also you promote english clubnights/gigs when your on an irish forum me thinks you want to be there so i recommended you move there!!!!!

Even though i have this poster on ignore ive been informed that jsuited is yet again trolling on my posts so i have again reported this to a moderator.

LOL:D

You posted something, I posted something in response. Not against the rules.

I dont think his post are trolling he's actually just backing me rather than your comments....
    if you post negative comments you hould be prepared to take stick!
    your experience of the night doesnt sum up everybodys im sure plenty had a great night there...
    the reality is tripod cant handle sold out gigs and i think the biggest problem is the exits to the rooms/toilets /cloakroom there way to narrow and you get squashed/pushing when going through
    the one thing i will say about last night is when i gotout at hlf 3 there was madness outside a firebrigade a few amblances and gardai moving people on so something serious happpend as i saw the strecthers going in... but that can happen and has happened in lot of other clubs..

also you promote english clubnights/gigs when your on an irish forum me thinks you want to be there so i recommended you move there!!!!!

Almost every single post i make on this forum this poster makes it his business to come on an troll, he clearly has a serious problem with me which despite a few warnings will just not go away so i have yet again reported him.

For a start i don't promote any club nights, i may discuss club nights in the UK but who cares, this is about dance music in general not just Ireland.

As regards last nite,im sure many did have a good nite and that is great,but i cant say ive ever seen anything like this in all my time going clubbing which compelled me to post about it here, im not suggesting this is all Tripod's fault but clearly they need to address some issues the main one it appears is the bouncers and their attitude and overcrowding, i agree Tripod cannot handle these big gigs,and i only hope it doesn't take some tragedy before something is done about it.

Almost every single post i make on this forum this poster makes it his business to come on an troll, he clearly has a serious problem with me which despite a few warnings will just not go away so i have yet again reported him.

and of all the times you have reported me, how many times has action ever been taken against me?

You call disagreeing with someone trolling?

Back on topic, why isn't the content of this thread in the actual thread about the night in the clubbing section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

And yet another thread started by Jonny descends into mayhem... Never saw that one coming!:eek:

tman wrote: »
    And yet another thread started by Jonny descends into mayhem... Never saw that one coming!:eek:

time and time again the same poster hijacks almost every single thread i post on and it descends into mayhem,it's seriously getting ridiculous at this stage,all i done was post about what i seen last nite which was not good but jsuited comes on and yet again the thread turns into an absolute farce,it really is pathetic at this stage and again ive had to report this to a moderator,i cannot post anything on here without this poster hijacking it and enough is enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Carl Cox FFS, of course there will be knackers there, dont go if you dont want to deal with them!

Its like going to a Village People concert and not expecting to see any homosexuals.

The funny thing is that you didnt go inside, whos to say all thse knackers got let in? Could have been a great atmosphere inside from what you know. Its not Tripods fault who came.

Big mainstream djs attract scum. This is not a reflection on any of the nights i have been to in my past 3 years (im only 20) of going to techno gigs.

Richie Hawtin for example, big dj but not one that knackers could relate to. Tripod was packed to the brim but i didnt see one incident or any dodgers.

Moral of the story, if you like Carl Cox watch out for scumbags....

SteveDon wrote: »
    Carl Cox FFS, of course there will be knackers there, dont go if you dont want to deal with them!

Its like going to a Village People concert and not expecting to see any homosexuals.

The funny thing is that you didnt go inside, whos to say all thse knackers got let in? Could have been a great atmosphere inside from what you know. Its not Tripods fault who came.

Big mainstream djs attract scum. This is not a reflection on any of the nights i have been to in my past 3 years (im only 20) of going to techno gigs.

Richie Hawtin for example, big dj but not one that knackers could relate to. Tripod was packed to the brim but i didnt see one incident or any dodgers.

Moral of the story, if you like Carl Cox watch out for scumbags....

Yeah it is unfortunate that the nite attracted so many undesirables,the funny thing is anytime ive seen Cox before here none of this happened,it's not good to see!
    Its like going to a Village People concert and not expecting to see any homosexuals
    haha that made me laugh :pac::D

• Advertisement

ive had to report this to a moderator,i cannot post anything on here without this poster hijacking it and enough is enough.
    what exactly have you reported?

hold on a second here johnny.

the ignore function is not a button that stops me from posting here.

Do not accuse me of trolling, when all I do is point out why you're wrong.

I am not going to sit back and let you try and make out that people who disagree with you are in the minority or somehow make 'pathetic' posts.

I have seen you do it with a load of people lately, and this forum would run so much better if threads like the Donnacha Costelloe one, or the Deadmau5 one, or any other one which you ruin with your illogical argument, weren't marred with your repetitive nonsense.

Putting me and Sean Nash on your ignore list (or any other posters) is not license to post anything you want without criticism.

Yeah it is unfortunate that the nite attracted so many undesirables,the funny thing is anytime ive seen Cox before here none of this happened,it's not good to see!

haha that made me laugh :pac::D

chip on shoulder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I am so sick of the crap on here. I have too much beer on board now to make a call on all this so this is locked for now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement