Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco to charge Sterling prices on groceries in border stores

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Oracle wrote: »
    The money is still being spent on the island of Ireland. Surely thats what the Good Friday Agreement, and the Peace Process was all about.

The businesses in Dublin and surrounding areas, enjoy a huge tourism spend, from all parts of Ireland, the UK and beyond. If everyone was to go around begrudging other parts of the country business we'd all be worse off. The people who live, work and have businesses in the North deserve our support.

Very well said and you are 100% correct. If people are racist and small minded enough to think otherwise then let them.

I was in Tescos the other day for the first time in a few weeks. Even with the price drops its still cheaper in Newry. I priced everything from Volvic Flavoured Water to Pedigree Complete Dog food and its still more than the North. I know the prices of most of the products I buy and like others I buy it where its cheapest. If it means going to four supermarkets I will do it and bulk buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cianaend

Hi, I am new to this and not sure how to start a new thread. I am wondering has anyone been up the north lately shopping for household goods, such as furniture, kitchen appliances etc?? Does anyone know if it is worth a trip up? Im living in Galway and just built a house. Cheers! Oh and does anyone know how to start a new thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

cianaend wrote: »
    Hi, I am new to this and not sure how to start a new thread. I am wondering has anyone been up the north lately shopping for household goods, such as furniture, kitchen appliances etc?? Does anyone know if it is worth a trip up? Im living in Galway and just built a house. Cheers! Oh and does anyone know how to start a new thread?

Hi , if you are buying a few pieces it can be worth it . You would need to see how much it would cost for delivery ( unless you can take it home yourself). I have saved hundreds of Euro by buying my things up North since last September. Yesterday I got a Whirlpool Electric oven in B&Q in Sprucefield for £179 . It was over €400 in the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lisa087

My nephew works in the Wilton tesco in Cork and he said they are closing there store from today and re-opening tuesday in order to change ALL prices from euro to sterling prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

lisa087 wrote: »
    My nephew works in the Wilton tesco in Cork and he said they are closing there store from today and re-opening tuesday in order to change ALL prices from euro to sterling prices

I wish that was true but are they just bringing down selected line a bit and still gouging us on other stuff?

I would accept a policy of UK price +/-10% except on stuff where there are different duty rates (alcohol etc.) but I get the feeling this project will only offer selective discounts.

I would appreciate some more feedback if anybody has info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Tesco Roxboro in Limerick are closing down tomorrow until Tuesday when they're supposed to re-open. I don't know if this has anything to do with the Euro-Sterling thing, although it could be possible.

Cheers,
    Magic

Advertisement