Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foresty??

Options
  • 02-05-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi was just wondering about putting Foresty on my c.a.o application..
    Could anyone tell me about the course and career prospects??...:confused::confused:

thanks..:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

I have no experience myself but a guy I was in school with went into Forestry the same year I started in UCD. He had a bit of a problem with it: you don't do any Forestry stuff till third year, so he was basically doing 1st year agricultural science which is apparently basically 1st year science. So in his course about trees he was taking modules in discrete maths, evolutionary biology and organic chemistry. He's dropped out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

yea was thinking that myself...
    its not 1st on my cao but its somewhere there..
    can be a tough enough course like i heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/w_sm_web_inf_viewer_banner.show_major?p_term_code=200800&p_cao_code=DN042&p_major_code=FOS1

Theres the list of the modules you'd be doing for all four years. Looks like the actual forestry starts in second year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 just-some-lad

im in 2nd year forestry now and its pretty good, ironiclly the only subjects i find difficult are the actual forestry subjects. the subject basically is looking at forestry from a business perspective, starting from seeds, to seedling to full grown trees. i'd rather that i picked horticulture but since theres so few doing forestry its kind of hard to fail it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement