Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Nvidea geforce GT120 the same as 8600gt

Options
  • 02-05-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Anybody know about this, have they rebranded? How do I find out if a pc is 32 or 64 bit and what are the disadvantages of 64 bit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

9500GT as far as I know, Radeon HD4670 is around the same price and kills it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Anybody know about this, have they rebranded? How do I find out if a pc is 32 or 64 bit and what are the disadvantages of 64 bit?
    Start -> Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> System
    Look at system type entry.
    (Above assumes the system is Vista, if it's not, it's highly unlikely it's 64bit)

There are no real disadvantages to 64 bit. I have seen some bench marks that show a slight drop in fps in some games though. It's more a future proofing thing as not much makes use of it yet. If you have 4gb+ of ram then it will let your system make use of all of it instead of just 3.5ish gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Spot on, thanks for that lads.:)

Advertisement