Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slideshow for C&C

• 02-05-2009 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Hello all, did a car meet-up not so long ago, a run through Connemara. Not exactly what I'm more familar with taking photo's of but went along for the co-pilots position and left 5-10 minutes before the main group to get setup for taking the shots. Was using 70-200 f/2.8 for most of it except for the close up shots and when we were at break stops.
    Anyways some input good or bad would be appreciated. Wish the movement shots had a bit more...movement to be honest. Fiddled around with Radial blur in Photoshop but unless the photo is straight on at a wheel's centre hub it looks a bit cack when I applied the blur...Thanks!

Connemara Run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

majiktripp wrote: »
    Anyways some input good or bad would be appreciated. Wish the movement shots had a bit more...movement to be honest.

The shots of the cars parked up are good, nice cars, beautiful scenery with the people chatting away.

One of the first things I noticed with the lack of much sense of speed.
    Best thing would have been to use a low shutter speed and pan along with the car as you take the shot.
    You'll inevitably get a few bad shots but some will have a nice degree of sharpness for the car and a blurred background.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Quite a lot of the images are soft, not sure if it's shake or off focus. I would cut the images that are like that as they detract from the set overall. The cars on the straight road are just record shots, the later one's on the corner are better. Using a CPL would have cut a lot of the glare from the windscreen & made the drivers visible, making a more interesing shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

CabanSail wrote: »
    Using a CPL would have cut a lot of the glare from the windscreen & made the drivers visible, making a more interesing shot.

I wish I had thought of that before hand, must invest in a 77mm CPL for the 70-200, wasn't the best day for it, brightened up towards the end but was muck weather in the morning. The hardest part was setting out before everyone else, trying to find a good vantage point on the fly, and setting up again once stopped before everyone came flying past, leaving us to play catch up after a quick pack up and getting back into the vehicle. One attempt left my left leg saturated up to the knee along with sodden shoe, bog can *look* solid until you full weight is on it..

Advertisement