Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing the gear from the top of the motor

Options
  • 02-05-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

dose anybody have any tricks to removing the gear on the top of the motor as mine is chewed up and i need to replace it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

get a vice grip and make it small enough so that it fits around the shaft of the motor, don't grip it on though, just keep it loose. the gear wont be able to fit through now so all ya have to do it rest it on a bench like that and hammer out the shaft from the top of the gear with a centre punch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

where can you get these gears?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

thermo wrote: »
    where can you get these gears?
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=pinion+gear

^ they do them, but might want to be careful about which one you buy, some motors have a flat side where the gear goes, not sure ehobby do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

Masada wrote: »
    get a vice grip and make it small enough so that it fits around the shaft of the motor, don't grip it on though, just keep it loose. the gear wont be able to fit through now so all ya have to do it rest it on a bench like that and hammer out the shaft from the top of the gear with a centre punch. :)

Only problem is the motor is a long type and its got a big metal bearing around the shaft underneth the gear so i don't think this will work but i will try it out. Any other ideas would be great!

You can get the gear in Airsofteire save yourself ridiculus P&P I got quoted $24 on a part that cost $5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

Only problem is the motor is a long type and its got a big metal bearing around the shaft underneth the gear so i don't think this will work but i will try it out. Any other ideas would be great!
    What motor is it? or is it just a standard one that came with the gun?
    does it have the small allen key on the bottom of the gear, other than tht, as masada said, just pull it off
    You can get the gear in Airsofteire save yourself ridiculus P&P I got quoted $24 on a part that cost $5

that $24 would be the express shipping, standard shipping is only 5 dollers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

the motor is a g&p m120 and I managed to get the gear off now had to fabircate my own gear removal tool lol. Thanks for all your help anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

heating up the gear will help with removal or fitting as it will expand

Advertisement