Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chef wanted to come in and cook for dinner party in Carlow

• 02-05-2009 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi.

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but please move if incorrect

Is there any way I can find a chef who will come into our home and cook a meal for 4 for a birthday party, our friend doesn't do restaurants, not going into why, but I would love to suprise her and have a little dinner party in our house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

I'd cost too much, given the fact i'm down in cork, but contact some of the recuitment agencies mon morn, and you'll get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the advice, will call them on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

ring a local hotel or restaurant and ask to speak with the head chef and maybe he would get one of his chefs to help you out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Do CIT have a hospitality dept?

If so ring the head of dept. and ask him if any of the 2nd year Prof cookery or 3rd year culinary arts (2nd prof cooker will be stronger techincally, by a long way!) students would be interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Berbatov

You could try Edward Hayden, we booked Edward to come to our house and give an afternoon cookery course just over a year ago and I have to say it was absolutely excellent, he has a great personality, good craic and the food was only brilliant.

He's director at Dunbrody house and has recently released a book. Was excellent value though, can't remember what he charged but between six of us was really worth it. He included all the ingredients and had a helper to help with the wash up.

Contact details

edward@edwardentertains.com
    http://www.edwardentertains.com/

Can't recommend him highly enough, based in Graige so not too far from Carlow either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

Hi Berbatov,

Thanks for that I have just sent him an email.

Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

OH! I went to a cookery course in Dunbrody and Edward was running it. He was fantastic! The course was great, tips were brilliant, recipes were fabulous, everything was delicious and he was VERY entertaining. I'd defo go back if he was doing the course again. Came across as a lovely guy too.

Advertisement