Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paint problem- possible lacquer damage

• 02-05-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I was out driving today when i came across some road works and my car got splattered with tar. Was home in 3 minutes and tried to wipe it off as soon as possible with a sponge, not with too much force. It seems i should have left well enough alone however, as the paintwork now appears to be scuffed where i removed the tar. I possibly damaged the lacquer surface of the paint. It's only noticable when you stand at a certain angle to the car, but given that the car is relatively new and white in colour it takes the look off of it. I'm worried about it, but i hope there's a quick fix using some sort of car-care product i could buy... any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Give the area a good wipe with petrol. Hopefully what your seeing is just residue from the tar. If it is, the petrol will take it right off. Thereafter give it a good wash and a polish and hopefully it will return it to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 happythirties

I don't think it's tar residue unfortunately... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Get some tar and glue remover and remove the tar, then use something like meguiars scratchx to remove the fine scratches. Couple of layers of was or sealant on top and your sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 happythirties

Neilw wrote: »
    Get some tar and glue remover and remove the tar, then use something like meguiars scratchx to remove the fine scratches. Couple of layers of was or sealant on top and your sorted.
    Sounds good, i'll give it a go, thank you very much!

Advertisement