Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish HL

Options
  • 02-05-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

what do ya thin will defo not come up in the poems and stories?!

Comments

For the ordinary poems id say jack faoiseamh or gealt.
    higher poem an mháthair and dá mbéidir.
    for pros bean og lig sinn i gcathu or an cearbhach.
    i have no idea about an stair, im totally screwed for it...
    does any1 have the translations for the poems?? i really need them.
    im tryin to get @ least a c3 and a person i know who corrects the irish papers every year says when you do the summary for the poems its an automatic c3 regardless of what the question was asking you.
    so plz if any1 has the translations i would be very greatful.
    also does any1 know wats comin up for an stair???

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

Hard to know with An Stair but I'd Learn An Ruraiocht and An Fhianniocht, Gaeilge sna mean cumarsaide and a few poets anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

[quote=[Deleted User];60141579]
    im tryin to get @ least a c3 and a person i know who corrects the irish papers every year says when you do the summary for the poems its an automatic c3 regardless of what the question was asking you.
    [/QUOTE]

What a load of sh$te.:rolleyes:

If you dont answer the question asked you get 0 for eolas and only marks for ionramhail na gaeilge.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

JSK 252 wrote: »
    What a load of sh$te.:rolleyes:

If you dont answer the question asked you get 0 for eolas and only marks for ionramhail na gaeilge.

eh no its not. i know for a fact that its true. i dont think they were just blatantly lying to my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭IWishh

I don't know, that sounds a bit fishy to me too.
    Sounds like the kinda thing you get away with in JC.. but LC? Hmm ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 krustywanksock

C3 straight away ahahahhahahaha JOKE most ridiculous thing i have ever heard! HAHAHAH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

[quote=[Deleted User];60146567]eh no its not. i know for a fact that its true. i dont think they were just blatantly lying to my face.[/quote]

[condescending] Awhh, sweeeeetie, how cute. I think there's a slight chance they just might have been, dear. [/condescending].

Seriously though, just to get this straight, your plan for Honours irish is to just write out a bunch of summaries for everything in the hope that somehow you'll actually get a C3? Best of luck. You might seriously need it.

"What traits of a béaloidis are found in An Cearrbhach Mac Cábá?"
    This is a short story where some guy gambles loads and stuff, c3 please.

im not retracting what i said earlier but maybe if i say what context i learnt this info you may think differently.
    im repeating irish for the leaving, i go to a class specifically for people who hope to go to primary school teaching college. the irish teacher giving us the information said that she has been correcting the papers for 20 years and they are told how to mark them. she said that there was a rule that if someone does a summary for the peotry q (im pretty sure its only the poetry) they will get a c3. she said that a lot of teachers that correct papers dont tell their students this because they want to get more then a c3.
    those are the facts that i have learnt. if you dont want to take it into consideration then thats fine, but please i dont want you to talk down to me like that and i dont see how any other person who would be ok with it either.

bythewoods wrote: »
    [condescending] Awhh, sweeeeetie, how cute. I think there's a slight chance they just might have been, dear. [/condescending].

Seriously though, just to get this straight, your plan for Honours irish is to just write out a bunch of summaries for everything in the hope that somehow you'll actually get a C3? Best of luck. You might seriously need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 krustywanksock

HAHAHHAHA quality stuff:pac:

[quote=[Deleted User];60174721]im not retracting what i said earlier but maybe if i say what context i learnt this info you may think differently.
    im repeating irish for the leaving, i go to a class specifically for people who hope to go to primary school teaching college. the irish teacher giving us the information said that she has been correcting the papers for 20 years and they are told how to mark them. she said that there was a rule that if someone does a summary for the peotry q (im pretty sure its only the poetry) they will get a c3. she said that a lot of teachers that correct papers dont tell their students this because they want to get more then a c3.
    those are the facts that i have learnt. if you dont want to take it into consideration then thats fine, but please i dont want you to talk down to me like that and i dont see how any other person who would be ok with it either.[/quote]

Nope, I'm afraid I still think you're horribly deluded.
    Your teacher with her secret little tips on the marking scheme doesn't sound great tbh.
    According to your post in another thread this week, she hasn't even told you what Stair na Gaeilge is-

[quote=[Deleted User];60146532]ok this is going to sound a little sad, but, what exactly is an stair? i know it means history but what do you have to write??
    i just started higher in february and i concentrated mainly on the oral, im studying at home...
    and what do all those titles mean that you just mentioned there??[/quote]

I just don't know there!

"Talk about Colours and Sounds in Jack"
    Eh, jack's a poem about some woman who went to the gaeltacht when she was younger and kissed some local boy. She still, like, thinks about him. The end."

-Sorry, this isn't a personal attack or anything. I'm sure you'll make a great Primary Teacher if you're dedicated enough to go back and repeat for it, but seriously- if you think you can get a c3 by just learning off summaries for Paper 2, then it looks like it'll be a Jam Making course for you.
    Also, if you're struggling with Irish so much, why do you want to do primary teaching?
    I hear you do Irish in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

if you think you can get a c3 by just learning off summaries for Paper 2, then it looks like it'll be a Jam Making course for you.

Why can't one ask their elders about jam making?

no, i was quite good in the oral but its just paper 2 that im really worried about. i wasnt even great at poetry and novels in english...
    look i know you dont believe me about the summaries but its what i was told. and she seemed to know what she was talkin about.
    jam making?? how do you come up with these things?...if we werent arguing id say we'd get along!;P
    Nope, I'm afraid I still think you're horribly deluded.
    Your teacher with her secret little tips on the marking scheme doesn't sound great tbh.
    According to your post in another thread this week, she hasn't even told you what Stair na Gaeilge is-

I just don't know there!

"Talk about Colours and Sounds in Jack"
    Eh, jack's a poem about some woman who went to the gaeltacht when she was younger and kissed some local boy. She still, like, thinks about him. The end."

-Sorry, this isn't a personal attack or anything. I'm sure you'll make a great Primary Teacher if you're dedicated enough to go back and repeat for it, but seriously- if you think you can get a c3 by just learning off summaries for Paper 2, then it looks like it'll be a Jam Making course for you.
    Also, if you're struggling with Irish so much, why do you want to do primary teaching?
    I hear you do Irish in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

What's the difference between jam and marmalade?

I don't enjoy marmalade-ing my dick up bythewoods' ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

cautioner wrote: »
    What's the difference between jam and marmalade?

I don't enjoy marmalade-ing my dick up bythewoods' ass.

That's a bit out of order, no?

Fad wrote: »

You're always such a whinge-bag Fad. A fucking cry-baby cunt.
    Although, granted, that usually works out to my advantage when i'm using your tears for lube as I rape you.
    Y'know how it is.

Y'know how it is.

All too well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I think hes trying to get banned......:rolleyes:

I think hes trying to get banned......:rolleyes:

I might be a little more aware of what's going on, than I'm letting on........

Go **** yourselves, all of you.

Except you bythewoods, I'll take care of that xxxxxxxxxxx

I might be a little more aware of what's going on, than I'm letting on........

Haha ya, maybe. But i saw what you said before the edit, so I'm kinda aware of it now :p Or i could be totally wrong. I'm, eh, not great with subtlety, or hints of any kind :o

• Advertisement

Someone else may have Cautioner's password.
    Seriously, I'd be wreaking havoc in C&H if I hadn't just got him/us banned from Rec :P

In other news, you're all cunts

Really, cautioner, you're a very inappropriate young man.
    How could you say all these derogatory things?
    I'm so fcuking insulted, you fcuking bag of ****.

Someone else may have Cautioner's password.
    Seriously, I'd be wreaking havoc in C&H if I hadn't just got him/us banned from Rec :P

In other news, you're all cunts

Haha, nice :D bad timing tho, i was counting on him for some advice on my medicine thread thingy. I know hes one of the future docs hanging round here :P

<<<<<<
    >>>>>>

looks round for more....:P

I'll be over to give you a hand in a sec ;)

Just need to finish up something totally unrelated to boards..

i second that. i was only trying to get the bickering to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Cautioner banned, blah blah, abuse, blah.

Everyone: calm down and stop pulling each other's hair.

woah... didnt realise there was a whole second page to this....
    meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I'll be over to give you a hand in a sec ;)

Just need to finish up something totally unrelated to boards..

Love it!:pac::pac:

I'll miss him, luckily I'm not the one who has to bear the guilt of causing his departure............

• Advertisement

I'll miss him, luckily I'm not the one who has to bear the guilt of causing his departure............

I wouldn't be able to stand the guilt myself :pac:

Advertisement