Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

continuing the fight

• 02-05-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭

After halloween last i made a conscious decision to lose weight and try and get my fitness back. I'm 6 ft and was 16 and a half stone at the time. I got an exercise bike and a punch bag and they did their job for a while but then to supplement it i started running on the spot and doing jumping jacks.
    All was going well up to the start of march until i got a very sharp pain in my left shin (i presume it was shin splints). I'm now 13 and a half stone but would love to drop another stone just to look toned up, i've still a bit of a tummy.
    Anyway, i tried running at the start of the week and had no reaction in the shin thank god. I haven't put on any weight in the time that i was off but i have been eating a bit more junk food while i was off.

Would anyone out there know of any way to lose the tummy relatively quickly. (my target is my birthday in mid june). I know the real answer is will power and cutting out the junk food but i wouldn't be a fitness freak or anything i.e. i don't know any of the cardio exercises or anything lol
    I'm going to keep up the running anyway, it hasn't let me down so far

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Unfortunatly you cant spot reduce fat, so to lose the belly your gonna have to lose fat all over. I know alot of people here swear by High Intensity Interval Training for getting rid of stubborn fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

As cardio said, you can't spot reduce body fat. Clean up your diet and I mean really clean up your diet then up the exercise levels again.

Personally I prefer using jogging to the HIIT for weight loss because it's easier for me to count calories burned (but I put a lot of effort into counting the calories I eat and if you're not going to do this, then sticking with the HIIT is probably better). If you're going to use running (or walking, or cycling, or some other exercise that involves distance) check out www.mapmyrun.com.

Advertisement