Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illegal or not??

• 02-05-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

Some a*!@$&e kicked/robbed/"borrowed"/knocked the right hand wing mirror off my car. I mean clean off. Nothing left.

So does anyone know if it's illegal to drive it over the bank hol weekend?? (From Tipperary to Cork)
    Or just frowned upon....??

(Illegal= penalty points and/or fine
    Frowned upon= Garda warning "Sure ya can't be doin that!" )

I know its not exactly "safe" but I do check my blind spot over my shoulder and stuff and drive slowly and rarely overtake

On another topic, anyone got a wing mirror for a 96 corsa handy??

Thanks Guys!!! Tried this in After Hours also, to no avail I'd say.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Some a*!@$&e kicked/robbed/"borrowed"/knocked the right hand wing mirror off my car. I mean clean off. Nothing left.

So does anyone know if it's illegal to drive it over the bank hol weekend?? (From Tipperary to Cork)
    Or just frowned upon....??

(Illegal= penalty points and/or fine
    Frowned upon= Garda warning "Sure ya can't be doin that!" )

I know its not exactly "safe" but I do check my blind spot over my shoulder and stuff and drive slowly and rarely overtake

On another topic, anyone got a wing mirror for a 96 corsa handy??
    Thanks Guys!!! Tried this in After Hours also, to no avail I'd say.

I passed a 98 Astra on the Palmerstown bypass today with no wing mirrors and a smashed fly window.That looked dodgey as fook.

Illegal or not, I ant see a gard doing anything about it, especially if you explain (and maybe leave the mirror on the floor in the passenger side as proof.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if it had been the left one and it wasn't a hatch back then you could still pass the NCT

Gardai do not enforce a lot of stuff or large % of drivers would be off the road :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

In an ordinary saloon car, there is only a legal requirement to have one rear view mirror. If the car is an estate of hatchback, it must be on the right hand side.

If your car was an estate or hatchback and they had kicked off the right hand mirror for example, it would be illegal to drive it on a public road.

(Vielcles with more than 8 passengers and goods vehicles (with a few rare exceptions) are required to have 2 mirrors one of which must be on the right and the other either on the left side or at the centre).

Advertisement