Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Man Utd 2nd leg (first leg 1-0 utd)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Can someone please give this Arsenal "Kids" thing a rest!

The only player Arsenal had out there tonight was Gibbs who is 19.

The next youngest is Walcott who is 20.

Every other player was 21 or over with the majority being in their mid-twenties.

Well done united. Devestaing performance in fairness.

T'was men against boys tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

He wrapped his legs around him, in what game is that okay?

wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Don't listen to that bullshit, it was never a penalty, it was a fantastic last-ditch tackle. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever in a MILLION YEARS A RED CARD
    +1. And that's from a Liverpool fan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

lol at Fabbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Giles is going to drop a bollock if this keeps up...:D

The claws are out in the RTE studio. Did Dunphy just say to Bill to keep out because it's a football argument? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

There is no doubt the player touched the ball but he did commit a foul in the box and so the pen was a good decision and as he was the last man he was off. As I have already said I am disappointed for Fletcher as he seems like a decent sort but the decision could have been given either.

It's not a foul if he made contact with the ball and THEN his natural momentum brought the opposing player down (Though in this case Fabregas simply trod on his legs and tripped.) Maybe a slight case for a high foot, but the referee didn't indicate this, and isn't it an indirect free-kick for high foots?
    I don't buy the future excuse of the referee that his view was obstructed as his view would have shown the path of the ball shift in a way Fabregas could not have manipulated in anyway. Also, he could have just consulted his assistant to find out how ridiculous a penalty decision would be.

I'm sorry but you can't say it can be given either way. Either the decision was right or wrong, and it was unquestionably wrong.

Souness vs Dunphy....ITS ON!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Souness getting very bitchy at Dunphy there: 'Who did you manage'.

MIAOW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

LMAO who did you manage?! Dunphy put in his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

There is no doubt the player touched the ball but he did commit a foul in the box and so the pen was a good decision and as he was the last man he was off. As I have already said I am disappointed for Fletcher as he seems like a decent sort but the decision could have been given either.

How long would it have taken to get a video ref to look over tht though and over that time would the taker get nervous for the pen. Looking at that again and again now there is no doubt that the player was took and that the ball was not knocked that far away that he could not have retrieved it. One of the things that a lot of people look for is the reaction of the players and not too many Man U players were going spare, although maybe that was as much to do with the game being over as anything else.

Fine result for Man U and deserved finalists. They will have to put on a show of at least that level to beat Barca I would say, or just turn up if it is Chelsea :)

Ball first, man second is not a foul.
    I think you're confused. Or baiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Why did rte have to cut for a break there :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Haha, the analysis is gone in to overdrive. Dunphy says to Souness ' You don't know what you're talking about'. Cut to break, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

As much as I hate Ferguson, the guy is very crafty. His answer to that question about if Fletcher was a no win situation, he answered it the best way possible. He doesn't want to say he would have started as that might affect the confidence of somebody who will now be in the lineup, but he didn't want to deny it either as that would be unfair to Darren Fletcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

This is great stuff in the RTE studio..Dunphy, when asked who he has managed by Souness.."I managed to stay alive for 63 years BABY"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Ahhhhh, I'm missing RTÉ. There's a lady pundit on Swedish TV :eek: Surely she's talking about the players' hair!?

I would love to put her on a panel between Dunphy and Giles. (no jokes, please)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Heating up on RTE..."where did you manage" haha

syngindub wrote: »
    This is great stuff in the RTE studio..Dunphy, when asked who he has managed by Souness.."I managed to stay alive for 63 years BABY"

Mightn't last much longer, I've seen Souness tackle...

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Why did rte have to cut for a break there :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So Dunphy and Souness can kiss and make up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

No RTE here in the UK.

Whats the lads take on the red card ? Ronaldos performance ?

What are the odds for RTE to come back from their ad break and Dunphy to be lying in a bloody heap over the desk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Souness getting very bitchy at Dunphy there: 'Who did you manage'.

MIAOW!

:D

It was only a matter of time before somebody said that to Dunphy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

"You don't know what you're talking about..."
    "Who did you manage?"
    Classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

That's hilarious from Dunphy. Nothing funnier than him sticking the word "baby" on the end of a sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,402 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Punch and Judy show on RTE,priceless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

this is gonna end in blows or Dunphy walking out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Going to Rome, and thats a fact!

jaykay74 wrote: »
    No RTE here in the UK.

Whats the lads take on the red card ? Ronaldos performance ?

Haven't mentioned anything yet about that. Too busy giving out to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

This is what rte panels do well. Entertaining bitch fights ignoring the boring facts like the game and such. It's like a pub chat after a game and a few beers with mates who support different teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Souness vs Dunphy....ITS ON!!!

poor decision to cut to a break Bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He did grab the man first in fairness.
    I'm not sure of the rule on tackling from behind, it might have come into play also and there is a high foot also.
    I've made it clear I don't like to see a player lose out on a place in the final like that but the decision has some merit to it. I'd have much preferred to see yellow there though and have a bit of sympathy for the player, it is clear that he went for the ball, I don't think there was intent to foul the player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Did Dunphy say something like this to Souness: "I managed nowhere, I managed to stay alive for 63 years!" Whats that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,562 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well tonight shows why I love watching analysis on RTE. Great passion and arguments from the lads there.

Just couldn't imagine Lineker & Hansen on BBC or Andy Gray and Hairy Hands on Sky having a discussion like that!

Fair play to Utd tonight, they were better than Arsenal in every department tonight!

Also, felt sorry for Fletcher too, even though I'm a Liverpool supporter.....he didn't deserve to miss a CL final in that way.

Oh Bill.... They're after you tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Souness is right by the way:eek:

Wenger wouldnt give Flamini the contract he wanted BECAUSE he didnt want to break the wage cap HE set

He also fancied the young fellas would do the job (they havent)

Maybe he was right because if he had done he would have had 20 players looking for a raise which would have hit Arsenal's transfer funds big style

He needs to go 3 seasons without looking at the Nasri's Hlebs of this world and sign 3-4 imposing strong minded players

The way they are talking you'd swear Arsenal hadnt spend big money on the Nasri's, Hleb's, Arshivin's of this world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have a whizz through here mate and show me where it says that then please. I have had to study this a lot and it does not say it anywhere as far as I can recall but then I have only been reffing for 4-5 years and maybe I am not aware of all of the "unwritten rules" :rolleyes:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en.pdf

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Did Dunphy say something like this to Souness: "I managed nowhere, I managed to stay alive for 63 years!" Whats that about?
    low blow on souness's heart problems maybe?

Wow RTE have their own reporter there instead of robbing ITV's interviews.

Ferguson looks wrecked. Those are the biggest bags under eyes I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

That_Guy wrote: »

Still ITV logo at the back though:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Have a whizz through here mate and show me where it says that then please. I have had to study this a lot and it does not say it anywhere as far as I can recall but then I have only been reffing for 4-5 years and maybe I am not aware of all of the "unwritten rules" :rolleyes:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lotg_en.pdf

Congratulations.
    The ref tonight has been doing it a while. He got plenty wrong tonight despite it.

Lehmann on ITV harping on about the "Kidz" too. Grabted they are young but Man U have shown that you can win things with kids, much to Alan Hansen's chagrin.

Avoided the question there though Mr Anderson, could you please point out where what you said is reflected in the laws of the game or retract your suggsetion that I am baiting just because I have a knowledge of the laws of the game that you seem to lack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Fergie is really licking the refs a-hole.. "He's one of the best in the world"..."Had a great performance" and then bam what he'd been building up to "Hopefully he'll take another look at it"

Crafty aul red nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,562 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That_Guy wrote: »

Well he's been carrying Berbatov all season!:D

Ha Ha. Dunphy. Liverpool don't have players like park. He's never seen Kuyt play then i see. Priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Fergie is really licking the refs a-hole.. "He's one of the best in the world"..."Had a great performance" and then bam what he'd been building up to "Hopefully he'll take another look at it"

Crafty aul red nose.

He said the exact same a couple of days ago about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mad_Max wrote: »

Crafty aul red nose.

Picked up on that myself. Way too calm regarding the sit-ee-ation. Thing he's chancing his arm that the ref might admit he got it wrong and try to pressure UEFA to bend the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Highsider wrote: »
    Ha Ha. Dunphy. Liverpool don't have players like park. He's never seen Kuyt play then i see. Priceless

Maybe he meant literally. In fairness we dont have any Korean players.:)

Stekelly wrote: »
    Maybe he meant literally. In fairness we dont have any Korean players.:)
    And Kuyt was definitely not bought to sell jerseys, hardly a looker now is he :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

As a Pool fan, hats off to Manc, awesome display over the 2 legs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement