Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Man Utd 2nd leg (first leg 1-0 utd)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pighead wrote: »
    Yep, I'd agree with all that. I think there will be goals for both teams and I'm thinking it'll end up 2-1 Arse or 2-2 with Utd squeezing through.

My thinking is that if United score first, it's tie over, because Arsenal will have to open up and United will take further advantage of that.

If Arsenal score first, United will have too much going forward anyway.

A 2-2 draw is not a bad bet, but I think 2-1 to United is more Likely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Nah, United will definitely score, Arsenal will then need three, which they won't get.

United to go through, but Arsenal could win the leg.

So which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see a 2-1 utd myself

Good odds on those scores been shouted out.

Get your money on lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Can see it going to extra time/penos.

Will Berbatov take one?? :eek:

I can see it being 2-1 to Arsenal.

If it does go to penos, hopefully Ando will still be on the pitch. He may not have scored from open play yet, but the boy can sure take a penalty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

United not conceeding at home in the first leg is massive.

Realistically I think Arsenal will need 3.

Even if it is 2-0 in 85th minute, 1 United goal and the Arse go out.

I think it will be cracker, can't wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Defo think Utd will score and Arsenal looked terrible at the weekend if James and Crouch hadn't messed up they would have had a struggle.

Locamon wrote: »
    Defo think Utd will score and Arsenal looked terrible at the weekend if James and Crouch hadn't messed up they would have had a struggle.

Jaysus mate, they won 3-0 away from home playing with the B team.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭itsjaybud

jasonorr wrote: »
    I just think we need to take a gamble tonight to get through! I never said I'd pick Diaby ahead of van Persie, you misinterpreted me there. I'd like to see us play with Fabregas deeper and Diaby more advanced. I know it won't happen, but I can't see us going through without penalties otherwise! If we scored 2/3 tonight, I'd be very surprised!

No i know you never said that you would pick Diaby ahead of RVP, but my point was that if RVP doesnt play the chances of Diaby playing are obviously alot greater and that the shape of the team would again resemble a 4-5-1 effect:mad:

It was just the Diaby for Song and Silvestre playing at LB ahead of Gibbs that shocked me but everyone has their own opinions! Last week i actually called the Arsenal team right except for the fact that Cesc played ahead of Nasri and i thought Diaby could a decent job for us on the left, how so wrong i was!!

Anyway as far as im concerned as long as Arsenal play to the standard that they can and give utd a good game and hopefully go through with maybe a very optimistic scoreline of 3-1 il be delighted!!!

Really looking forward to it now, would love to see us do it!

Come on you ARSENAL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

The first two were lucky goals though which pretty much sealed the game: a dubious penalty decision and another strike by Calamity James.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

itsjaybud wrote: »
    It was just the Diaby for Song and Silvestre playing at LB ahead of Gibbs that shocked me!

Diaby ahead of Song would just be a gamble I'd like to see taken really, as for Silvestre ahead of Gibbs? Definitely, if it keeps him away from CB. Ideally he would start on the bench, but Wenger said he has a massive role to play tonight.

Locamon wrote: »
    ccosgrave wrote: »
    The first two were lucky goals though which pretty much sealed the game: a dubious penalty decision and another strike by Calamity James.

LOL yee cant be serious talking about Arsenal away to pompey with 7 changes to the team before to nights match.:confused:

Sorry but im pretty sure nobody cares to night will be different....

LOL yee cant be serious talking about Arsenal away to pompey with 7 changes to the team before to nights match.:confused:

Actually the most important change tonight is Arshavin, he is on fire at the moment and playing some good ball, big loss.

Diaby ahead of Song would just be a gamble I'd like to see taken really, as for Silvestre ahead of Gibbs? Definitely, if it keeps him away from CB. Ideally he would start on the bench, but Wenger said he has a massive role to play tonight.

Fair enough, theres no point in going through it again, i think ive said all i have to say regards those areas of the pitch :)

we'll just have to agree to disagree on taking that kind of gamble against United!

Anyway enjoy the game!

Fair enough, theres no point in going through it again, i think ive said all i have to say regards those areas of the pitch :)

we'll just have to agree to disagree on taking that kind of gamble against United!

Anyway enjoy the game!

If it was a regular game, I wouldn't even suggest it, but we're 1-0 down at the halfway stage! Anyhoo, I'm a gambler at heart I guess! On Betfair at the moment :D

Enjoy the match yourself, hope it's a good one!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

we're must be homing in on line-ups time

mayordenis wrote: »
    we're must be homing in on line-ups time

Yeah I thought it was an hour in advance for the CL games?

Acc to BBC Berbs is on the bench and JSP starts - which could suggest Wazza may not start :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Every time a big game is on where I'm already looking past the tie...it always ends up in heartbreak. The closer I get to kick-off, the more nervous I am. United have to do it. I'll be absolutely SICK if Arsenal cap an average season by reaching the final at our expense.

My head says a 1-1 draw.

My heart says it's in for a rough night.

Berbatov on bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Berbatov on bench

Great.

£30 Million supersub.

Anything Pool can do..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

VDS

JOS
    Rio
    Vida
    Evra

Carrick
    Anderson
    Fletcher
    Park

Ronaldo
    Rooney

As per MUTV

No Tevez !

Decent team though.

BREAKING TEAM NEWS: Robin van Persie starts for Arsenal. Carlos Tevez and Dimitar Berbatov are BOTH on the bench for Man United, Ji-Sung Park starts.

anyone got the bench?

Rooney starts thanks God!

A little disappinted that Park starts ahead of Tevez but overall I'm happy with the team and the big plus is it means Rooney can play up front instead of on the left.

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    Great.

£30 Million supersub.

Anything Pool can do..........
    leave it out
    not the night for that stuff
    Skud wrote: »
    VDS

JOS
    Rio
    Vida
    Evra

Carrick
    Anderson
    Fletcher
    Park

Ronaldo
    Rooney

As per MUTV

pity tevez isnt playing but im happy with that team

wonder what formation will it be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm beyond nervous here :) Genuine excitement mixed with horrific fear. I want this so much :)

I think a goal for us and its all over and I think we can bloody well get it.

Team news soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

5 Across the middle with Rooney and Ronaldo swamping lone front man role?

Headshot wrote: »
    leave it out
    not the night for that stuff

pity tevez isnt playing but im happy with that team

wonder what formation will it be

451 id say

3 mids and ronnie on the right/left

TEAMS Arsenal v Man Utd
    Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Fabregas, Toure, Nasri, Van Persie, Walcott, Song, Djourou, Adebayor, Gibbs. Subs to follow.
    Man Utd: Van der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney, Park, Vidic, Carrick, O'Shea, Fletcher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Denis Irwin

Very happy with that team although I would have liked to have seen Tevez start.

Subs: tevez evans giggs scholes berb rafael kuza

1 Manuel Almunia
    3 Bacary Sagna--5 Kolo Touré--20 Johan Djourou--40 Kieran Gibbs
    14 Theo Walcott-4 Cesc Fàbregas-17 Alexandre Song-8 Samir Nasri
    11 Robin van Persie
    25 Emmanuel Adebayor

Subs: 21 Łukasz Fabiański, 2 Abou Diaby, 12 Carlos Vela, 15 Denilson, 18 Mikaël Silvestre, 26 Nicklas Bendtner, 27 Emmanuel Eboué

Very happy to see Silvestre on the bench :D

451 id say

3 mids and ronnie on the right/left

Yeah, you're probably right, which unfort leaves Rooney up front *on his own* :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Very happy with that team although I would have liked to have seen Tevez start.

Tevez plays for United silly.....

arsenal have a very good team out tonight

going to be very tight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

have to say im really looking forward to tonights game, (as a chelsea fan!)
    last weeks game was excellent to watch, hope there is a repeat performance tonight.
    best of luck to both sets of teams.

(come on the gunners!)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Come on you Gooners :P

Think it'll be United going through, 2-1 to Arsenal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Very good team out again for Arsenal, except the LB and LCB positions, which is where United will focus on. I'm off to Sinnotts, gona be a cracker :)

Yeah, you're probably right, which unfort leaves Rooney up front *on his own* :(

last time he played up front on his own versus arsenal with similar 3 centre midfield players was 4-0 in league cup :)

• Advertisement

chelsea fan supporting arsenal

lolz indeed

last time he played up front on his own versus arsenal with similar 3 centre midfield players was 4-0 in league cup :)

Yup, that's gonna happen tonight so! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Strange that Carlito and Berbatov are both benched... I guess Fergie's looking to hastle Arsenal by flooding the midfield with workhorses in Fletch, Ando and Park -- Don't let Fabregas do his stuff.

Van der Sar
    O'Shea
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra

Carrick

Fletcher
    Anderson
    Ronaldo
    Park
    Rooney

Good to know there's options on the bench if we get in trouble at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Not sure how to feel about that team. Park hasn't been great recently (goal against Sunderland aside). Still, I'm hopeful the Carrick-Anderson-Fletcher midfield can stifle Arsenal.

For a moment there I didn't see Ronaldo on the team, I was about to come here effin and blinding. Silly me.

Getting nervcited (my hybrid of nervous and excited). Very nervcited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Rooney should do well up front on his own, would have liked to see Tevez playing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Excellent team selection from Wenger imo, very happy with that. Also delighted that Tevez is on the bench for Utd.

So nervous now, sick. Think we can definitely score two or more, just hope the defense does it's job.

Come on Arsenal!

Yup, that's gonna happen tonight so! :rolleyes:

i like your optimism :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Very happy with that Arsenal team also. Hopefully RvP is actually up front and not out on the geein wing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Wreck wrote: »
    Excellent team selection from Wenger imo, very happy with that. Also delighted that Tevez is on the bench for Utd.

So nervous now, sick. Think we can definitely score two or more, just hope the defense does it's job.

Come on Arsenal!

Do you really think you will score more than 2?? Or are you just hoping??

I doubt you will score more than one to be honest, although with Tevez not playing, its a let off IMO

• Advertisement

51713782.jpg

Advertisement