Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accommodation when travelling

• 02-05-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking about travelling through europe for a few months. I would intend to do it without any real route.

To anyone who has done this before, how should I organise where to stay? ie hostels. I'd like to have the freedom to leave earlier or stay longer if I liked it enough. Should I just try and book a hostel for a couple of nights before I head to that destination, or just arrive in a city and find a hostel that night?

Hope this makes some sense

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 findabreak.ie

Did this a couple of years ago. We booked a hostel for the first three or four nights to take away the initial panic of having to find somewhere straight away. I'd suggest booking your next city before you leave the one your in , there's loads of hostel sites, we used hostelworld (have no affiliation) which was handy because they only took a few euro deposit and you pay the balance when you arrive at the hostel. It's handy cos if your plans change you'll only ever be a couple of euro down.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭riiight!

Thanks for the reply!

I was thinking that that would be the best option. Probably the one thing sticking in my mind would be hostel expenses during the trip. Looks like on average I'd be paying 20euro a night for a bed during the trip so think that would severely shorten my travel.

Any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Lola87

Couch surfing? It' recommended as a great 'stay for free' option by Lonely Planet. Check out their .com, it looks interesting, might be trying it myself.

Advertisement