Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permanently banned from rugby

Options
  • 02-05-2009 11:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭

got banned from the rugby forum.
    it was a heated thread(ish).
    i apologised to other posters as my banter was misconstrued as vitriol.
    i apologised via pm to one poster in particular.
    plenty of people in the thread agreed with my view although we were outnumbered by disgruntled munster fans in the thread.
    plenty of people insulted me in the thread.no bans for them.
    the thread was in existance for over 5 hours with out problem .
    if i was warned after comment 1 i would have ceased debate.

i cannot link or quote as im permanently banned from the forum.

the mod also stated that he was drunk as he was banning me and he would review the thread in the morning.
    how is it he bans me off the bat but gives everyone else a free pass until he sobers up tomorrow.is "modding under the influence not frowned upon"?
    i would appreciate feedback please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You can log out of the site, to get the link.

My first impression - you've not been very well behaved since you got here. For someone who's been here only a few months, you've racked up quite a number of infractions. This doesn't exactly lend much weight to your arguement - it's not like you aren't aware of the ground rules of boards.ie. You've also previously lost your access to Rugby, which should have put you on your very best behaviour when you regained access.

Now, I've looked at some of your recent posts on Rugby, and it must be said, they aren't exactly winning me over either. That whole thread was provocative and likely to cause trouble. In it, you're trolling/abraisive/insulting and a few other things.

Now that's not to say you're the only one posting there at fault, but you certainly played your part.

You've been banned, and the thead locked by the forum mod pending further review. Whether they keep you permanently banned, I'm sure they'll decide in time. However, you cannot be surprised by the ban.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You can log out of the site, to get the link.

My first impression - you've not been very well behaved since you got here. For someone who's been here only a few months, you've racked up quite a number of infractions. This doesn't exactly lend much weight to your arguement - it's not like you aren't aware of the ground rules of boards.ie. You've also previously lost your access to Rugby, which should have put you on your very best behaviour when you regained access.

Now, I've looked at some of your recent posts on Rugby, and it must be said, they aren't exactly winning me over either. That whole thread was provocative and likely to cause trouble. In it, you're trolling/abraisive/insulting and a few other things.

Now that's not to say you're the only one posting there at fault, but you certainly played your part.

You've been banned, and the thead locked by the forum mod pending further review. Whether they keep you permanently banned, I'm sure they'll decide in time. However, you cannot be surprised by the ban.
    ok buffybot.i appreciate the feedback. i just wanted some objective eyes to look over the thread. thank you. will you pass my feelings on to the mod in question or do i have to address this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm sure they'll see this :)

Advertisement