Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cyclists - road sense

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mr. Croft

dny123456 wrote: »
    Thought as much. Should I file it under useless, or uninformed?

How about under general public opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭dny123456

Mr. Croft wrote: »
    How about under general public opinion
    That's the same section as uninformed. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

god have you people got nothing better to do with your lives than to come on an internet forum to slag off cyclists , the country is in tatters , and this is the best you can do ?

its pathetic

why dont you get off your fat motorised arses and do something about changing the government / saving the country , instead of whinging on about people on bikes .

newsflash = people are generally cnuts , in all manner and forms , on bikes , in cars , on legs , asleep , whatever,

get over it

and yes i cycle and drive , i also walk , run, and stroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

briktop wrote: »
    god have you people got nothing better to do with your lives than to come on an internet forum to slag off cyclists , the country is in tatters , and this is the best you can do ?

its pathetic

why dont you get off your fat motorised arses and do something about changing the government / saving the country , instead of whinging on about people on bikes .

newsflash = people are generally cnuts , in all manner and forms , on bikes , in cars , on legs , asleep , whatever,

get over it
    So why are you here whinging about whingers and not out whinging to the government about reform?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

Overheal wrote: »
    So why are you here whinging about whingers and not out whinging to the government about reform?

wow , good one , never woulda seen that coming :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mr. Croft

I'll file this one under arrogant and snobby :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wow , good one , never woulda seen that coming :cool:
    Not with those sunglasses on, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Its South Carolina State Law to have both a Rear Tail Light and a Forward Headlight on your Bicycle when riding after sunset or before sunrise. I understand there is a fine for non-compliance.

But you should mind your erm... anger issues.

Nothing to do with 'anger issues'
    If some fool can't be bothered to spend a tenner on basic safety issues, I brand him not alone stupid, but mean also.
    Well worth 'offing' in my book...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭jaffa20

its pathetic

get over it

and yes i cycle and drive , i also walk , run, and stroll

newsflash = get over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Thought as much. Should I file it under useless, or uninformed?

Cracked me up - thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

A pedestrian operates outside the flow of traffic, via sidewalks and crosswalks. Cyclists operate within the flow of traffic by definition.

Have you ever been to Ireland? Pedestrians most certainly do not "operate (I assume this means walk?) outside the flow of traffic". There's feckin eejits / junkies / people pushing prams strolling out into the traffic at every opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The real problem is the deep-seated anitpathy between drivers and cyclists. I do both and there are as many arseholes on bikes as there are in cars. Sure, idiocy behind the wheel has far more serious consequqnces, but we need to start thinking in terms of being respectful to all other road users, and lose the judgement.

Some cyclists have a terrible sense of entitlment when it comes to their interaction with motorists. An entitlement that often stems from their choice of cycling as a virtuous lifestyle choice; an entitlement that is honed in from numerous fractious encounters with the many arseholes behind the wheel. Just because you are more vunerable then other road users does not absolve you of the obligaton to show care and repsect to other road user, despite your feelings about the lifestyle/transport choices.

Sure, it's not 'illlegal' to cycle three abreast or (apparantly) to go through red lights, but it causes annoyance and is disrespectful to other road users. It beggars belief that people that can actually excuse rude and dangerous road behaviour purely because it falls under a grey legal area. Riding three abreast and having a chat is rude and provocative, even if it's nominally 'legal'. The red light thing is far worse when I encounter it as I'm really fearful of hitting a cyclist even when comlying with the law by driving through a green light at a legal speed. Or swerving and causing another accident.

It's time for all road users to take personal responsibilty and stop justifying selfish road behvaiour with prejudicial views and legal cant.

The other main problem is of course our bike lanes. When they are so inadequate, scarce or badly designed, cyclcists and motorists will continue to be pitched against one another to detrimental effect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement