Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

searching Lusitano Andalusian (PRE) horses stallion

Options
  • 03-05-2009 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi all! I hope someone may be able to help.... moved here to west of ireland last year Feb with my two Andalusian (PRE) mares and gelding. :D

Had to sell the boy due to financial difficulties.:( I know there are some Andi stallions here in Ireland somewhere in the north east ( heard this through the spanish horse society in england) and i also know someone has imported Lusitano's from Brazil into ireland for breeding purposes. :D
    I am toying with the idea to breed my Andalusian mare again maybe to another spanish stallion or a Lusitano. :rolleyes:
    Is there someone out there who knows where these horses may be hiding. I have heard the Lusitano's are somewhere in county cork??!! Please, if someone knows, help me :o) :confused:

Love the SMILIES by the way :):P:p;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

The Irish Field Directory contains a list of most stallions and studs in Ireland, You could try having a look through this to see if any crop up. Or try asking the Spanish Horse Society in England if they know exactly where the studs are located. Other option is to try google...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chindato

Yes, I know the person you need to talk to.
    I've been chastised in the past on this forum for giving out names, so perhaps you'd better pm me?
    Chindato

People pay quite a bit to advertise or get commerical accounts here on boards. They don't like it when someone else gets the same service for free. That is why we ask that all references and the like are PM'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 junca

Oh great an answer :o) jipee :p
    @ moderator :) understand :)
    now i just have to try and figure out how to do a private message new to this and not such a computer wizz i hope i find out soon :D
    thanks for the answers yes i tried to google absolutely no success at all for ireland....
    i think there are only about 5 or 6 of these horses over here in ireland and i don't think they breed commercially, not sure about the luso's but pretty sure about the andi's that's why they don't pop up on searches i guess ....

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm

Then type in Chindato to the 'To' field, it should come up automatically.

• Advertisement

Thanks zaraba, i thought i had posted one but it appeared i was wrong just followed your link and hope this time it worked :D;)

If not, I am sure that Chindato will see this thread and contact you. You should get an email each time a PM is recieved and a box will appear next time you log in.

Out of interest - since you are a new user, would you mind contacting the 'Community Manager' and telling them how you find the layout of the site and how easy it is to use? They are currently looking at improving things and your feedback as a new user could be very valuable.

No problem if you don't want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Ruth Chadwick rides a 10 year old PRE Andalusian stallion called Ladino XV - He's owned by Barbara O'Doherty.

@ Alibear thanks send you a pm :rolleyes: or at least i hope i have :o

@ zaraba no problem will do :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lynnee

Hi there, v. interewsted in contacting anyone who owns, rides or just really, really likes Iberian & Baroque horses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

Hi Lynnee

I don't ride anymore but I love the Andalucian types. It's great to see them coming into Ireland now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lynnee

Not so sure it is "great" that there are Spanish horses coming in to Ireland actually, as there have been some rather horrific outcomes for some that have been imported by people that havn't taken care of them. They are a specialized breed that isn't suited for most of the things that people here in Ireland want to do with horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

well when I said great, obviuosly I meant in the sense of people knowing what they are at, not people that don't have a clue and don't mind them !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ljcbridles6

Hi just read your post. I have an andalucian stallion who i imported from spain to do dressage with. My neighbor has a gelding imported too. We were hoping to get together with other owners and have a few iberian shows etc. Also a film is being made in ireland soon and they are bringing trick horses over and want body doubles for them so our two boys are hopefully doing that. What do you do with your horses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napoles

Lynnee wrote: »
    Not so sure it is "great" that there are Spanish horses coming in to Ireland actually, as there have been some rather horrific outcomes for some that have been imported by people that havn't taken care of them. They are a specialized breed that isn't suited for most of the things that people here in Ireland want to do with horses.

That's absolutely ridiculous!!! What on earth is that supposed to mean?
    Unfortunately neglect and cruelty goes on no matter what breed a horse is. It is not confined to imported Iberian horses.

I had a luso which I competed here in dressage (and even hunted on two occasions - admittedly I picked the quietest days). Fair enough he wasn't a showjumper so I never jumped him, but horses for courses.
    I also had the ride on another lovely luso for an owner. Also dressage only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 olaska

junca wrote: »
    Hi all! I hope someone may be able to help.... moved here to west of ireland last year Feb with my two Andalusian (PRE) mares and gelding. :D

Had to sell the boy due to financial difficulties.:( I know there are some Andi stallions here in Ireland somewhere in the north east ( heard this through the spanish horse society in england) and i also know someone has imported Lusitano's from Brazil into ireland for breeding purposes. :D
    I am toying with the idea to breed my Andalusian mare again maybe to another spanish stallion or a Lusitano. :rolleyes:
    Is there someone out there who knows where these horses may be hiding. I have heard the Lusitano's are somewhere in county cork??!! Please, if someone knows, help me :o) :confused:

Love the SMILIES by the way :):P:p;)
    hi i have an andalusian colt and mare, unfortunately they are related and i can't cross them, i'm looking stallion for my mare as well, but unfortunately i couldnt find any in ireland, maybe did you find any?

Advertisement