Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh, I hate Cork people

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Terry wrote: »
    Deep breaths.
    Deep breaths.
    Deep breaths.

Ahh **** it.
    Bunch of arrogant, deluded bastards.
    Get over yourselves..
    Dublin is the capital and the only good thing to ever come out of Cork was a road leading out of it.

I'm sitting here in my nice litle Kildare home and laughing at the arrogance of both the Dubs and the Corkonians and you both look pathetic. The only difference is that Dubs are not deluded about where the capital is.

You want your PROC?
    Take it.
    One less county for the productive counties to support.

Best of luck building an economy based of the fact that the last place the titanic made port was queenstown. That's all you have to offer.
    Now get back in your box and accept that you are just one of 26.

By the way, Rathcormack should be nuked.
    Kildare,the most boring county in Ireland.Nothing of scenic note and home to some of the worst towns in Ireland,Nass,Celbridge,Newbridge to name but three.And its "Cobh" ya fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Dan Dare

darkdubh wrote: »
    Kildare,the most boring county in Ireland.Nothing of scenic note and home to some of the worst towns in Ireland,Nass,Celbridge,Newbridge to name but three.And its "Cobh" ya fool.

And nice towns like Athy.

Deep breaths.
    Deep breaths.
    Deep breaths.

Ahh **** it.
    Bunch of arrogant, deluded bastards.
    Get over yourselves..
    Dublin is the capital and the only good thing to ever come out of Cork was a road leading out of it.

I'm sitting here in my nice litle Kildare home and laughing at the arrogance of both the Dubs and the Corkonians and you both look pathetic. The only difference is that Dubs are not deluded about where the capital is.

You want your PROC?
    Take it.
    One less county for the productive counties to support.

Best of luck building an economy based of the fact that the last place the titanic made port was queenstown. That's all you have to offer.
    Now get back in your box and accept that you are just one of 26.

By the way, Rathcormack should be nuked.

This is untrue and misleading! You seem to think Kildare is the hub of economic activity in Ireland. Be reminded it is not! Does Kildare have as many multi-national companies employing thousands of people as Cork? Does it have offices of major worldwide accountancy firms, a level one trauma centre,an international airport, an extensive roads system, a bus service in any of its major towns, numerous shopping centres, a port, hotels run by international chains, as many third-level colleges? The list is endless! All of the above are characteristics of an economically successful city/county!

Really glad I get the chance to do this:

Sonia O'Sullivan: Very good athlete who loves Cork so much she changed her nationality so she could run somewhere else for someone else.

Roy Keane and Stephen Ireland: Just prove, along with the Cork hurlers, that people from Cork really do think they are better than everyone else. Thinking of Roy Keane in Saipan still makes my blood boil.

Christy Ring: Fantastic hurler. However, there are maybe 6 really strong hurling counties. Come back to me with a football player and we'll talk. Also, Kilkenny are a better hurling county and they don't have the sort of political farces that Cork are renowned for.

Jack Lynch: Compromise candidate who only became Taoiseach because George Colley was afraid of Charlie Haughey. Never did a single thing without consulting his wife. Never did a stitch to help anyone other than his own party. Spent his entire time as Taoiseach in stagnation letting better men than him do the work in his Cabinet and took the glory at the ballot box for himself.

Oh, and the best politician and Taoiseach we ever had was Sean Lemass. Fact.

Michael Collins: I had to laugh at this one to be honest. Even if you accepted Tim Pat Coogan's glorifying biography as the actual truth about Collins he is a figure who benefits from the haze of history more than most. To be fair to the man he never wanted the mantle many people decided to give him but saying he was Ireland's greatest patriot is quite laughable. I think the Emancipator, Parnell or even De Valera all have a claim. Oh, and before you bash DeValera you should remember the most remarkable thing about him. He authored a Constitution for Ireland in 1937, when the rest of Europe was moving towards fascist dictatorships, and he crafted it in a way to ensure Ireland would remain not just a democracy, but a democracy where the truest measure of power would always remain with the people through referendum. Oh, and if you think that is an anti-Cork view or a pro-DeValera one then I would point you to UCC's Head of the History Department Dermot Keogh's book on the Constitution.

So your point is really nothing but nonsense. Thanks for trying though.

Be reminded this is a personal opinion and not actual fact or widely accepted belief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't think Terry was to be taken seriously there and I don't see any indication of him concluding Kildare is a hub of economic activity. And much as I've defended Cork, I'd draw a line at its roads and bus service... ;)

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't think Terry was to be taken seriously there and I don't see any indication of him concluding Kildare is a hub of economic activity. And much as I've defended Cork, I'd draw a line at its roads and bus service... ;)

He was implying that Kildare, as a productive county was supporting Cork, a less productive county. While completely untrue, I presume he meant Kildare was supporting Cork financially and to do this Kildare would definately need to be a hub of economic activity. As reagards Corks roads and bus services, the roads could be better but this is due to lack of funding. And same with the bus service-it would be better if Bus Eireann wasn't in the decision maker! But is does have some good transport infrastucture.....the Jack Lynch tunnel, M8 motorway, South Link, Southern Ring road, Ballingcollig bypass, etc. The rural bus service is also good and the bus numbers 8 and 14 seem pretty reliable. But unreliable buses are a problem no matter where you go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

darkdubh wrote: »
    Kildare,the most boring county in Ireland.Nothing of scenic note and home to some of the worst towns in Ireland,Nass,Celbridge,Newbridge to name but three.
    Fantastic scenery, lots of grand Georgian mansions, structures built as famine relief, intact inhabited castles, beautiful natural hills and valleys, Viking era structures, amazing 18th century architecture, multi-national industries and that's just my town.
    Oh yeah. We also gave the world Guinness.
    Your pale imitation sucks.

Celbridge is a hole though. I'll you you that one all right.
    And its "Cobh" ya fool.
    I've had to ban you for that.
    I don't really mind people calling me names on the internet, but it's against the rules here, so have a week off.

This is untrue and misleading! You seem to think Kildare is the hub of economic activity in Ireland. Be reminded it is not! Does Kildare have as many multi-national companies employing thousands of people as Cork? Does it have offices of major worldwide accountancy firms, a level one trauma centre,an international airport, an extensive roads system, a bus service in any of its major towns, numerous shopping centres, a port, hotels run by international chains, as many third-level colleges? The list is endless! All of the above are characteristics of an economically successful city/county!
    There's an airfield down the road. We don't like foreigners here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PIZZAMAN

watna wrote: »
    Cork people just seem to have a strange atitude - like a persecution complex - going on about the second capital and stuff. Maybe they have a good reason, I dunno.

I was at a theme park in Wales a few years ago and a bunch of people from Cok (very strong accents) were standing behind me in the queue for a rollercoster and were getting really nervous about how high it was. One of them said, sure it's grand I'll see you all in heaven if we die. There was a few seconds pause and then he added sure, cork is heaven so I'll see you back there for a few pints. He wasn't even really joking, I don't think. Everyone he was with nodded in agreement rather then laughing!

I thought it was pretty deluded. If heaven is like Cork then I'll be sorely disappointed!
    Well he did have a fair point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

its just the cork accent i cannot stand,
    but im sure the good people from langer land behind that horribal accent aint that bad.

There's an airfield down the road. We don't like foreigners here.

This is nothing but humour, a bad attempt to make a comeback!

• Advertisement

Are you rehearsing for Brideshead Revisited or something?
    watna wrote: »
    Cork people just seem to have a strange atitude - like a persecution complex - going on about the second capital and stuff.
    Ah watty, didn't think you'd say something like that - not ALL Cork people carry on with that nonsense. Plus, most of the time it's not to be taken seriously.
    I was at a theme park in Wales a few years ago and a bunch of people from Cok
    :pac:
    were standing behind me in the queue for a rollercoster and were getting really nervous about how high it was. One of them said, sure it's grand I'll see you all in heaven if we die. There was a few seconds pause and then he added sure, cork is heaven so I'll see you back there for a few pints. He wasn't even really joking, I don't think. Everyone he was with nodded in agreement rather then laughing!
    What a tool. That's just embarrassing.
    I've had to ban you for that.
    I don't really mind people calling me names on the internet, but it's against the rules here, so have a week off.
    It's Rathcormac (no "k") you scoundrel! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

tl;dr

But I <3 Cork. Went there often as a child, and continue to. I love the people there, always found them to be very friendly. Quirky humour, which I like :cool: The accent takes some ear-training :p but its definitely worth it.

I remember being at a concert in Páirc í Chaoimhe (sp?) when I was in my late teens. Fucking legend :pac:

Cork rocks.

/thread

This is nothing but humour, a bad attempt to make a comeback!
    The whole thread is an attempt at humour.
    I pity the people who take where they are from too seriously (except for national pride. That's a different thing altogether).

Be reminded this is a personal opinion and not actual fact or widely accepted belief!

Ok, first off all of what I said was based on fact.

Secondly, I can provide textual evidence for the sections on Lemass, Lynch and Collins although I admit, even in my original post, that the position of Collins is really a matter of debate.

Thirdly; neither you nor I are qualified to comment on what is or is not widely accepted belief. My post was in response to a poster listing people he believed were indicative of Cork's superiority and I merely provided a counterpoint to his position.

So, once more, I am forced to respond to a post that neither makes any sense nor has any real relation to the question at hand. Marvelous how inane some people can be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can't stop reading every post with a Cork accent ffs

The whole thread is an attempt at humour.
    I pity the people who take where they are from too seriously (except for national pride. That's a different thing altogether).

I don't take where I am from very seriously and I don't think Cork is the place in the world! All that PROC is humorous crap. I was just making it clear that Kildare is not more of a productive county than Cork!

Ok, first off all of what I said was based on fact.

Secondly, I can provide textual evidence for the sections on Lemass, Lynch and Collins although I admit, even in my original post, that the position of Collins is really a matter of debate.

Thirdly; neither you nor I are qualified to comment on what is or is not widely accepted belief. My post was in response to a poster listing people he believed were indicative of Cork's superiority and I merely provided a counterpoint to his position.

So, once more, I am forced to respond to a post that neither makes any sense nor has any real relation to the question at hand. Marvelous how inane some people can be...

Excuse me but my post does make sense! And your post was not fact it was your opinion. I'm not saying the people mentioned in your original post where/are the greatest people in their respective fields, but there were all very successful people who were born/reared in Cork or as one poster was saying, they were good things to come out of Cork!

I don't take where I am from very seriously and I don't think Cork is the place in the world! All that PROC is humorous crap. I was just making it clear that Kildare is not more of a productive county than Cork!
    But it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

But it is.
    Ah come off it. You lot are just wannabe Dubs :D

• Advertisement

We're surrounded by six counties. We have no desire to be Dubs.

We're surrounded by six counties. We have no desire to be Dubs.
    Stop drinking, its frying your brain. I've been out your way and the accents are fúcking hilarious. Wannabe Dubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Well their biggest problem is their superiority complex, followed by that fcuking sing song accent. And yes yer all Langers;)

Kiera wrote: »
    Stop drinking, its frying your brain. I've been out your way and the accents are fúcking hilarious. Wannabe Dubs!
    I've been out your way.
    Wannabe civilised people when you are actually all sub-human.

I've been out your way.
    Wannabe civilised people when you are actually all sub-human.
    Not as many inbreds out my way as there is yours. "Hey you guys"

Not as many inbreds out my way as there is yours. "Hey you guys"
    No. The definition of inbred is when you have sex with members of your own family.
    This is something we don't do.
    When you have a kid with your cousin (as many Dubs do), that's inbreeding.

I have no idea what you thought it was.

• Advertisement

Excuse me but my post does make sense! And your post was not fact it was your opinion. I'm not saying the people mentioned in your original post where/are the greatest people in their respective fields, but there were all very successful people who were born/reared in Cork or as one poster was saying, they were good things to come out of Cork!

Oh sweet God, where do I say what I said is fact? I said it was based on fact. By definition any opinion expressed based on empirical fact remains an opinion. If you cannot grasp that point then I can safely assume you are not one of the good things to come out of Cork.

No. The definition of inbred is when you have sex with members of your own family.

Love to see the link to qualify this one;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why do dubs drop their t's the same as the brits?

Yes i know what inbreeding is. The reason why i said your area is full of it is because you all look the same. That weird deliverance look.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm a dab hand at the banjo myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭irish_ninja

eh ya your accents are probably more hilarious.honestly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Ah come off it. You lot are just wannabe Dubs :D
    Doesn't that apply to pretty much every county that isn't Dublin? :pac:

Kerry? Seriously? Kerry!

Jackie Healy Rae;)

Yes i know what inbreeding is. The reason why i said your area is full of it is because you all look the same. That weird deliverance look.
    Ahh, I can see where you are getting confused there.
    Normal Irish people look like Burt Reynolds and John Voight.
    You seem to think that wearing pyjamas in public and looking skagged out of it is the norm. Trust me. It's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

That's funny,

I always thought Kildare was full of deluded b*astards.

They hate Dublin and half of the county has a dublin accent.

Kildare haha.

I lived there for while - I heard Glanmire outside Cork described as a dormitory town but Kildare is a dormitory county. Its not really even a county anymore -its a suburb of Dublin -kinda like Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

zudo wrote: »
    most senior all-irelands titles etc etc etc.

Ahem.. You better count those hurling ones up again.

Honestly, if your counting a couple of people that play sport your really struggling.

I go to college in UCC and I can't wait to get out of the dump.

Ahh, I can see where you are getting confused there.
    Normal Irish people look like Burt reynolds and John Voight.
    You seem to thing that wearing pyjamas in public and looking skagged out of it is the norm. Trust me. It's not.
    Oh yeah i forgot, Dublin is the only county with junkies and knackers ;)

Anyway, this ones for you:

Doesn't that apply to pretty much every county that isn't Dublin? :pac:

Limerick -it doesnt apply there.

Streetwise Dubs are Limerick wannabe's in their dreams.

PaulKK wrote: »
    If you think UCC is a dump, you should definitely turn against the place it's in and its people... ;)

• Advertisement

PaulKK wrote: »

What was your first choice???

You could always repeat your LC.

But it is.
    Until you provide a source it is not! According to the Central Statistics Office, the 2006 GVA per person of the South West Region (Cork and Kerry) is €42,952, while it is €28,366 in the Mid East Region (Kildare, Meath, Wicklow). Unfortunately I could not find a breakdown of GVA for individual counties
    Source: http://www.cso.ie/releasespublications/documents/economy/current/regincome.pdf

Oh yeah i forgot, Dublin is the only county with junkies and knackers ;)

Anyway, this ones for you:
    Are you implying that all Kildare people have some form of mental defect?

I don't need a youtube video to point out that Dubs and incapable of anything but sticking needles in their arms. Or their genitals when they run out of of good veins.

This of course results in another generation who know nothing but the needle and give birth to kids like the one in the youtube video you posted.
    Thanks for winning the arguement for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

zudo wrote: »
    You'd be amazed at the amount of people that say this. Are we really that bad like? Or is it just jealousy?

I'm not sure it was always as bad as it is now, but since the hurling stike, the Keane Saipan affair, and maybe the Stephen Ireland situation too it has gotten to a stage where everyone seems to hate us.

Are we really a bunch of langers?

I dont mind many of you.Of course there are some self proclaimed "cork patriots" that do my head in.The ones that say cork is the real capital...give me a break.Also there is a strange smell in your city.It is a nice city though once you get over the smell.Its probably my 3rd favourite city in Ireland.To sum up...I like the majority of cork people but not the ones that are stuck up their own hole.

Yes.
    terry wrote:
    I don't need a youtube video to point out that Dubs and incapable of anything but sticking needles in their arms. Or their genitals when they run out of of good veins.
    You are correct. Dubs are the only people in Ireland that do drugs. :rolleyes:
    terry wrote:
    This of course results in another generation who know nothing but the needle and give birth to kids like the one in the youtube video you posted.
    I see no winning here on your part, ducky.

Are there no junkies in your area? No pj wearers? Of course there are, and do you know why? Cause you're all Dub wannbes.

Anyway back on topic. Cork is a great city with extremely friendly and funny people.

OT
    Kildare is that the county where all the Dubs who cant afford house are now living? Are ye bitter they have increased the price of property there?

I assume you jibe about needles and all Dubs was yout attempt at humour?

Anyway back OT, Cork people annoy the tits off me

Oh sweet God, where do I say what I said is fact? I said it was based on fact. By definition any opinion expressed based on empirical fact remains an opinion. If you cannot grasp that point then I can safely assume you are not one of the good things to come out of Cork.

You said 'the best politician and Taoiseach we ever had was Sean Lemass. Fact.'.

You said 'the best politician and Taoiseach we ever had was Sean Lemass. Fact.'.

Indeed, hyperbole may have taken me.

I still maintain I am correct in that assertion however. Even though Dev kept him out of the big chair for so long he was still 10x better than anyone we had before or since.

Indeed, hyperbole may have taken me.

I still maintain I am correct in that assertion however. Even though Dev kept him out of the big chair for so long he was still 10x better than anyone we had before or since.

I actually agree with you on Sean Lemass being our best leader ever...well that was the opinion I concluded from Junior Cert History anyway. All I was doing was defending 'Cork's claim to greatness' if you like. For the record, I must say I'm not one of those people who think Cork is superior to other counties and how we are the real capital, but obviously I will defend Cork from unwarented critism or fasle accusations.

• Advertisement

Yes.
    That's a bit nasty.
    You are correct. Dubs are the only people in Ireland that do drugs. :rolleyes:
    The rolleyes is quite apt coming from a Dub.
    Ever try to look a Dub in the eyes? They're all over the place.
    I see no winning here on your part, ducky.
    I don't live in Dublin. That's a win in and of itself.

Are there no junkies in your area? No pj wearers? Of course there are, and do you know why? Cause you're all Dub wannbes.
    No. We don't have those people in Kildare.

thegen wrote: »
    OT
    Kildare is that the county where all the Dubs who cant afford house are now living? Are ye bitter they have increased the price of property there?

Do you have something against people who could not afford over inflated homes in Dublin?

Advertisement