Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasonal/Summer work in Wexford?

Options
  • 03-05-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I'm interested getting work in county Wexford for the Summer. So I just thought i'd post a thread here to see if there are any places in particular I should be looking. I realise that unemployment is high at the moment but I thought with it being the start of the tourist season there might be a demand for seasonal workers. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

malman wrote: »
    I'm interested getting work in county Wexford for the Summer. So I just thought i'd post a thread here to see if there are any places in particular I should be looking. I realise that unemployment is high at the moment but I thought with it being the start of the tourist season there might be a demand for seasonal workers. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

God loves a tryer but nothing has changed for the better since you first raised this issue on 31/3/09 - if anything things are even worse now! County Wexford was in recession long before the collapse of the Celtic Tiger. :) PS What tourist season?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

God loves a tryer but nothing has changed for the better since you first raised this issue on 31/3/09 - if anything things are even worse now! County Wexford was in recession long before the collapse of the Celtic Tiger. :) PS What tourist season?

My God! I only have a vague recollection of posting that. If you had not of prompted me I wouldn't have remebered. In fact I probably never even went back to that thread once I started it. I see I wrote that at 2 in the morning. That probably explains it!
    What tourist season you say! Is Wexford not the 'sunny south east'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

ummm

go around bars/hotels with c.v in hand - ask for the manager you know the usual stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 omnisynergy

I worked in the summer for the county council. They do a student scheme over the summer. This only works if you're going back to college in September.
    They place students in the local county council offices and in the library.
    I was working in the library, it's 6 weeks long placement. I really enjoyed it!
    I heard from the library that the list has become VERY long to get in though!
    They recommend you apply by February now... Worth a try anyway

Advertisement