Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB + PS3 + Router/Modem

Options
  • 03-05-2009 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I am on a 3MB Eircom connection with the supplied Netopia 2247NWG router which is overheating so I want to replace it. Can anyone reccommend a good router/modem which allows set up of DMZ(my Netopia does not) for on-line gaming with the PS3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

Try the pppoe setting on the ps3, this will give you nat1 and bypasses the firewall. No DMZ needed!

User: eircom@eircom.net
    Pass: broadband1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Get yourself a Linksys router, something like the "WRT54GL" model. Very nice piece of kit and is customisable with different firmware than the one that comes supplied with it, and with a few quick setting changes you can put the PS3 into a DMZ. If you decide to buy it, you can post back here for more info.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Do you really need a DMZ for PS3?

Advertisement