Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade sticks

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm having problems getting used to the stick on my stick. Particularly QFCs... Has anyone any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Got the SE when they were stocked on amazon a couple of days ago - feel like the washer problem is still there, it feels like it's grinding against something when i move it up and down on the right side. Can anyone confirm that the washer issue is fixed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Took the stick for a test spin. Smooth as silk but I am going to get hammered for months before I get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Got the SE when they were stocked on amazon a couple of days ago - feel like the washer problem is still there, it feels like it's grinding against something when i move it up and down on the right side. Can anyone confirm that the washer issue is fixed?

It was supposed to have been fixed for the second lot =/ I reccomend grabbing a Sanwa stick and buttons to mod it up with. It will be an extra approx £30, but is well worth it.
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    Took the stick for a test spin. Smooth as silk ...

Sanwas are in the LE by default and FutureGuy here obviously approves of them! :D

Yeah, I've played with Sanwa stuff before, I actually prefer Seimitsu, but I would've preferred it to be true that Madcatz hadn't just been lying about the washer fix. :/

Could just be paranoia though. :(

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah, I've played with Sanwa stuff before, I actually prefer Seimitsu, but I would've preferred it to be true that Madcatz hadn't just been lying about the washer fix. :/

Could just be paranoia though. :(

Ah nice one! I pref Seimitsu sticks but sanwa buttons lol. The Sanwa buttons are softer and the Seimitsu sticks are a bit tighter, in their respective places I prefer those attributes. But if its defective can't you get them to repair it?

*edit*
    <This thread> contains info that will be useful to you.

Yeah, it's just that I've been waiting so long to get one of the feckin things I hope I don't have to send it off for repairs. :pac:

edit: And thanks, was actually looking at that thread just before I checked here again. ;p

Yeah I understand what you mean and no worries. If your gonna crack your SE open to fire in a LS32 in the long run, you may as well try to sort the washer out now. All the info is there step by step. Let us know what you choose to do!

mr_kyle wrote: »
    It was supposed to have been fixed for the second lot =/ I reccomend grabbing a Sanwa stick and buttons to mod it up with. It will be an extra approx £30, but is well worth it.

Sanwas are in the LE by default and FutureGuy here obviously approves of them! :D

Futureguy is a shallow person. He is too taken aback by it's good looks and doesnt care about what's inside.

Wont be able to play with it properly until Sunday. :mad:

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Yeah I understand what you mean and no worries. If your gonna crack your SE open to fire in a LS32 in the long run, you may as well try to sort the washer out now. All the info is there step by step. Let us know what you choose to do!

I'm gonna leave it for the moment anyway, mainly because I'm cheap... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Round 2 with GLS..

Fingers crossed for actual delivery today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just wanted to mention this option:
    The Saulabi 4k (PS3/PC, buy from Play-Asia).
    pa.96308.1.jpg
    I got mine 2nd-hand from TheWitch06, and after some hands-on time, I've gotta say, it's not bad for a cheap stick!

The buttons are kind of loud, but I actually prefer them to my Seimitsu PS-15s in my Wii mod - they seem to be a bit more responsive. EWGFs in Tekken are coming out pretty much >50%, too.
    The layout is a bit weird though, and my hand keeps kinda drifiting off; this gets problematic when I need HK (which I don't, playing Abel natch :P)

The stick itself is a bit of a mixed bag. For SF, the round gate is VERY smooth, and QCFs/HCFs come out like butter (haven't tried 360s/225s yet). However, as it's a Korean stick it uses rubber instead of a metal spring, and mine has rubber which is slightly harder on the left than on the right side, which makes double-taps come out at different speeds sometimes. I'm about to order a Myoungshin Fanta from laugh on SRK (FS thread here), so hopefully I can get this inconsistency sorted. (sidenote: Modding the stick is easy, buttons require desoldering)

But overall, this is a pretty good stock stick.
    Try it, you might like its performance, for Powerful Game! :pac:

*edit*
    And of course, the best ad ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Thats a funny ad ' human-based design'.

I was going to get a cheap stick like mayflash and change the components. but the delivery from play-asia cost €40 alone for the cheapest option. so its either buy a decent stick or make my own box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

My Mad Catz Tournament Edition SFIV stick arrived yesterday. For the first time I feel like I can actually dominate a game. Still getting used to it (I was more used to the controller then I thought) but I am definitely finding it easier to play and do more moves then before. Also get a lot less cramp in my hand.

I need an octagonal gate before I put some hours in!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but just spotted these white Madcatz via SRK.

Looking niiiiiiiiice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Nice alright I was just looking at them.... damn my impatience, black and red seem so outdated now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Rediculous sticks?

Ever Played Xbox with a lunchbox stick?
    sammichcontroler.jpg

Or how about with a shoebox?
    boxstick1.jpg

I'll Do Ya One Better... How about... TWO SHOEBOXES!!!
    boxstick2.jpg

Or For The Grandad Of All Xbox Arcade Sticks... How About Playing An Xbox... WITH AN XBOX!!!!
    xbox360case1.jpg
    xbox360case2.jpg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but just spotted these white Madcatz via SRK.

Looking niiiiiiiiice!

Good find K.O. Kiki, they are slick!

Liking the look of those new TEs, though hopefully it'll be a long time before I buy another stick. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I have my stick awhile now and i still cant do ultras on the left, starting to get pissed off.

newstick.jpg

Unfinished varnished and glazed cherry wood case from OD08 over at Neo Empire. Even now the case is looking good, so I thought I would post it up. It will be outfitted with a Seimistu LS-32-01 and regular Sanwa snaps ins. It will be compatible with the PS3 and 360 once its done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

That looks really nice and sturdy Mr_Kyle,are you doing the rest yourself (wiring the pcb,paint work etc) or are you just getting the case?

Edit:My question doesn't make any sense!Of course what I meant was are you just getting the case and doing the rest of the work yourself or getting it fully built?

Anyone here got a Seimistu stick heading to xgc on saturday? wouldnt mind trying one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Bought an Arcade in a Box myself when SF IV came out. Only got around to using it twice :( And waited 12 weeks for delivery. Company not shipping outside of the US now though.

http://www.aiabstore.com/product.sc;jsessionid=067F7EC5E2D079A8267E622FD1226426.qscstrfrnt03?categoryId=1&productId=25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZTk596eOd0

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

bush wrote: »
    I have my stick awhile now and i still cant do ultras on the left, starting to get pissed off.

Don't feel bad. Most people have a move / combo that has a bigger fail rate on a partiuclar side. I've noticed that sims BnB into super combo comes out easier when teleporting from right to left. Wonder why that is.... must be my stupid fingers :D

Kirby wrote: »
    Don't feel bad. Most people have a move / combo that has a bigger fail rate on a partiuclar side. I've noticed that sims BnB into super combo comes out easier when teleporting from right to left. Wonder why that is.... must be my stupid fingers :D

Ya but not being able to do rufus ultra on one side is basically playing him at 50% :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

and not being able to spam messiah kick and dive kick is like 2% :D

blag wrote: »
    That looks really nice and sturdy Mr_Kyle,are you doing the rest yourself (wiring the pcb,paint work etc) or are you just getting the case?

Edit:My question doesn't make any sense!Of course what I meant was are you just getting the case and doing the rest of the work yourself or getting it fully built?

Cheers Blag! OD08 is providing me with just the shell and lexan faceplate. For the innards I've got an old madcatz 360 pad and Cthulhu boards from Toodles on SRK. These will be sorted out (at a price) by a friend who is better with that sort of thing than I am. Firing in the parts (from arcadestick.net and akihabarashop.jp) is easy enough for me to do. The artwork will be sorted out by me probably wont be a million miles away from my <other efforts>.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

think i might have to get one of these. my thumb is in bits and i cant do certain moves properly with the crappy 360 pad. f**kin hate it. would love a snes pad

Advertisement