Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade sticks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

mr_kyle wrote: »
    The artwork will be sorted out by me probably wont be a million miles away from my <other efforts>.

Should look pretty good then. Also, I'd forgotten that you considered running Arcana Heart ranbats during Season 1! Which reminds me - if you are so inclined, you can buy yourself an Arcana Heart-branded HRAP! (Not from there, though, they're sold out of them.)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Yreval wrote: »
    Should look pretty good then. Also, I'd forgotten that you considered running Arcana Heart ranbats during Season 1! Which reminds me - if you are so inclined, you can buy yourself an Arcana Heart-branded HRAP! (Not from there, though, they're sold out of them.)

AH was supposed to be one of the games that had the odd event. When it was clear no one was insterested in AH, the idea of any event for it was canned. Same goes for VF5, HDR, SBX, KOF98UM and KOF02UM. Any new game deserves some attempt at support until everyones insterest fizzles out. Chap those Horis, even though they look like HRAPs are not actually HRAPs at all :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

dsc00729lzp.th.jpg

The case is finished! Buttons and stick are not mine, the seller (OD08 from Neo EMpire) fired them in for the sake the picture. Will be looking on at least another two weeks before the final product is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

large-hori-fs2.jpg

have 2 of these best 200 quid i ever spent , 4 years or so now. Shame tho limits me to PC fighting games only and no way in hell i buying more.

Kyle your picture is tiny tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

I think you got ripped off mate. Hori Fightstick 2's are pretty rubbish sticks. They have poor stock components and are worth nowhere near £100, if I were to pay even half of that I'd feel ripped off, even now that the price of sticks has soared. HRAPs are worth less than £100 unless the buttons have been replaced with sanwa/seimetsu and even then, I'd expect mint condition. As basic sticks the FS2 aren't that bad, but only if you're going to be paying 20-30 and for 30 you could probably snipe a Namco stick, which are MUCH better.

Well, I have 2 sticks atm. Both are fully modded with Sanwa components.

First is my small Tekken 5 Hori stick. Currently only in reserve, even though I prefer the layout I've been far too agressive with the stick and it's banjaxed. It's for PS2 as well, so not useable for 360.

Second is my Mayflash dual-mod. This one has been modded with a 360 PCB and the stick itself is PS2/PC/PS3 as standard, so it's my main stick since it can be used with any of the main consoles.

Ideally, I'd like to get the mini T5 fixed up properly, take the broken perspex off it and get the metal faceplate replaced with something else, with artwork. I've seen other examples of this.

Oh yeah, Yreval. Although those Arcana Hearts have the same shell as the HRAPs, it's essentially the same as the big T5 Hori sticks. Stock parts, buttons wired directly to PCB without QDCs etc. At least, that's what I've heard, remember reading a couple of complaints about them not being real HRAPs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Don't forget that part of that cost was likely taken up by shipping.
    And the FS2 isn't a TERRIBLE stick, just not great.
    I love the form factor though; really should get around to modding mine (currently it's just an empty shell!)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

If anyone is sellin a 360 stick around Dublin let me know lol I cant get one online or anywhere in Dublin for that fact. lol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Don't forget that part of that cost was likely taken up by shipping.
    And the FS2 isn't a TERRIBLE stick, just not great.
    I love the form factor though; really should get around to modding mine (currently it's just an empty shell!)

well, it's not as bad as the mayflash was with it's stock parts but even with p&p, I'd feel hard done by if I had to spend half the amount that dreamers75 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

pa.173233.1.jpg

This is the first multi platform stick stright from the box that I've seen. Whats the chances of Hori and Madcatz foowing suit :rolleyes:

pa.157163.1.jpghtml

Of course I find another one instantly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sagat06 wrote: »
    This is the first multi platform stick stright from the box that I've seen. Whats the chances of Hori and Madcatz foowing suit :rolleyes:

Nice! These are the same people that make the Xconverter360 converters. Can this be legal though?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I reckon Microsoft will stamp on this fast enough with a firmware upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

very interesting, very.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Etokki also do the pcb's seperately if you want to dual mod a current stick.
    http://www.etokki.com/Joytron%20Paewang%20Revolution%20PCB%20Only

I was considering some for these:
    mg1461.jpg

:D

PPC wrote: »
    I was considering some for these

Are they all yours?! Greedy people go to hell :P

Zomg!

Bah 55 dollars though. Reckon I'll still go the way terry went and use a ps1 PCB combined with converters, since I'll I'd need to buy then is a ps1/2 to ps3 converter as I've a 360 converter already.

Just annoying that I need to use a 360 pad with the converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

animaX wrote: »
    Are they all yours?! Greedy people go to hell :P
    Yup :) 1 is my old one, the 2 on the right are from ebay.

Sisko wrote: »
    Zomg!

Bah 55 dollars though. Reckon I'll still go the way terry went and use a ps1 PCB combined with converters, since I'll I'd need to buy then is a ps1/2 to ps3 converter as I've a 360 converter already.

Just annoying that I need to use a 360 pad with the converter.

http://www.gamingnow.net/diy-circuit-boards-c-81_83/chimp will let you auto swap between ps3 and xbox if you've an xbox stick. I'm in the process of modding my se and te with them.

I've a ps3 Madcatz SE and a 360 converter I use for my ps1 pads. So inspired by terry I figured it'd be easier to use a PS1 pcb and buy a ps1/2 to PS3 converter and then I'd be all set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Teddy Vedder

I want one ive brought from hori before but was hopin i could get one in ireland ant ideas??us_xbox360_horipad_ex2_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not stick related, but I'm sure there is someone who would appreciate a PS360 controller: http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/01/how-to-make-a-ps360-controller/

Looks to be quite difficult though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

God I'd love to do that, if only to see the look of absoloute horror on my anti-360 ps3-fanboy housemate's face

If anything there should be a mod to put a ps3 dpad on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sisko wrote: »
    If anything there should be a mod to put a ps3 dpad on the 360.

The PS dpad is and always has been horrible.

Much prefer the 360 dpad.

Was pulling off SPDs on it no problem on Saturday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The PS dpad is and always has been horrible.

Much prefer the 360 dpad.

Was pulling off SPDs on it no problem on Saturday.

Got to disagree. The pain in my thumb from charging on the Xbox pads is horrendous :(

the 360 d-pad doesn't actually work properly and is widely considered the worst part of the pad, and the worst d-pad to come on a popular console. Its the reason 360 pad players use the thumb sticks instead.

Only time its an issue is fighting games and maybe football games since d-pads are not used on pads that much any more.

Ps d-pad not only works but its the closest you'll get to a snes d-pad. Some people have issues with it giving them blisters though as they grind their thumbs on it instead of just pressing the buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'm sure it's rose tinted glasses but I never had too much of a problem with the ps d-pad back in the alpha days.

The 360 pad is tough work though. Just got a Hori EX2, which is my fist foray into sticks. Having great fun playing with it!

Looking into the mods for it right now. I'd mainly be interested in changing the gate.

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Looking into the mods for it right now. I'd mainly be interested in changing the gate.

Best EX2 modding guide ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm looking into buying a Madcatz TE currently. Anyone know where the cheapest places to get em are?
    (I dont particular care if it's Round 1 or 2, basically cost is all I'm looking at)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Advertisement